Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Capture One 7 with p65+ export has green tint? HELP

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Capture One 7 with p65+ export has green tint? HELP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Try copying all of your adjustments from that capture and paste them onto the previous next two images in the browser and process them -- does it work normally, or do you have the same issue in the other files?

At this point the only thing that makes sense is a corrupted capture.
    I just thought about something - probably not it. But I did use catalog instead of sessions to shoot tethered. Then I chose which photos I wanted then exported them as originals - which apparently according to Phase One makes a copy of the original instead of just taking the original file. I have now lost the original file as I deleted everything in my sessions and catalogs to try and fix this issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shortpballer View Post
    I just thought about something - probably not it. But I did use catalog instead of sessions to shoot tethered. Then I chose which photos I wanted then exported them as originals - which apparently according to Phase One makes a copy of the original instead of just taking the original file. I have now lost the original file as I deleted everything in my sessions and catalogs to try and fix this issue.
    If you can find an original RAW file can you EIP it and PM a link so some of us can have a go at processing on a different machine for you. I don't mind running a TIFF off and sending it back to you for a comparison.

Post Thanks / Like

Another thing to check, In Preferences->Color->Intent, make sure it is either perceptual or Relative Colorimetric

Post Thanks / Like

Don't think it would make a difference, as I have tried re-installing my Capture One on two different machines. I did full delete and installs on both machines. It is only the photos from this back that do this.

I can send you the RAW file if you pm me your email. It will be via wetransfer.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by gazwas View Post
    If you can find an original RAW file can you EIP it and PM a link so some of us can have a go at processing on a different machine for you. I don't mind running a TIFF off and sending it back to you for a comparison.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

It's got to be a corrupted file then. It could have occurred during the export form catalog thing, I don't know -- I don't use catalogs since they're so new for Phase and I resist using anything new.
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like

What I don't understand is if its a corrupted file, why would C1 preview it, allow you to make adjustments and only show the problem after processing? Every P back I've ever owned or used have always been rock solid and never once had a corrupted file. I might just be lucky but when I have had a problem file from one of my Canons the problem shows up straight away in the C1 preview.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Have you tried the file in CO6 or in other RAW converters?
    Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One | Mamiya Leaf
    e: [email protected] | m: +44(0)77 8992 8199 | yaya's blog

Post Thanks / Like

...Then I chose which photos I wanted then exported them as originals ... I have now lost the original file as I deleted everything in my sessions and catalogs to try and fix this issue.
    Is there a chance the back has a CF card in it. The originals might still be there.

Is that back set to include some strange ICC profile? What do the base characteristics in COne say? Is it really set to P65+

I'd certainly take another controlled shot preferably of a colour control chart and then process that through to TIF. If that works try the same tethered to see if that affects it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Just tried doing an older file that I took with my P25+. The results from the export are WAY better. I've always noticed a slight decrease in quality in the blacks and contrast when exporting to a tiff. I can see that here in the P25+ tiff, but atleast all the colors are the same and the image is VERY similiar to the RAW file in Capture One.
    minor differences between C1 and Photoshop are "by design". C1 uses old school color management in terms of rendering intends (that also apply to the translation to the monitor profile) whereas Adobe software always uses black point compensation for the conversion to the monitor profile. But here we are only talking about subtile differences in shadows and blacks.

Okay, many hints and tips with regard to the viewing and output options have been given in this thread.
    But what happens when you change the input profile (base characteristics -> camera profile)? Try to change it to "flash" or any other appropriate camera profile. Is the mismatch still apperent?