The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 7 with p65+ export has green tint? HELP

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I've had weird stuff like this in the past when I haven't COMPLETELY cleaned out a previous version of C1. Personally I recommend Capture Integration's instructions on their website.
Bill

Completely cleaned out my capture one. Following all the steps from Capture Integration (even deleting all my .cop files). Still have the same problem. Could it be something with the back? Maybe the files can be properly read with capture one but cannot be properly processed into tiff files? I'm in dire need of a solution here as we told the client these photos would be done tomorrow.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
C1 can definitely properly process tiff files. All I can think of is for some reason color output is messed up on this file. You do have a very strong brightening curve applied combined with a hefty exposure reduction which could be part of it -- I am thinking 1) perhaps just enough of the color channels were clipped during exposure that you are recovering gray-green in the highlights instead of a color with your extreme adjustments; and/or 2) the extreme adjustments are pushing the colors outside the AdobeRGB gamut. You can test the former by creating a new variant which generates a fresh as-shot file, and then simply try processing it out with no adjustments and see if the resulting tiff matches the original exposure; you can test the latter by processing it out as a 16-bit Prophoto tiff instead of an Adobe and seeing if the colors hold.

Pemihan

Do you still have C1 v. 6 install file?
Maybe trash v. 7 and install v. 6 again to get the job done...

I you don't have v6 I have a 6.4.3 dmg I can send you

Just tried prophoto tiff, its even worse.

Already tried calming down my curves and adjustments. doesn't work. Just tried re-processing just the original file and still colors and exposure are not correct.

Could it be the file? I have been having a few problems with my tethering cable. Sometimes I'll get a small black band on the left hand side, showing that the information is not 100 percent going through every time. Maybe the file is slightly corrupted>

Either way, if Capture One is showing the preview, and as long as I am in the same color space as the output, the output tiff should look exactly the same and it does not.

Just tried doing an older file that I took with my P25+. The results from the export are WAY better. I've always noticed a slight decrease in quality in the blacks and contrast when exporting to a tiff. I can see that here in the P25+ tiff, but atleast all the colors are the same and the image is VERY similiar to the RAW file in Capture One. I've attached a screen shot to show this:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Maybe the file is slightly corrupted>

Either way, if Capture One is showing the preview, and as long as I am in the same color space as the output, the output tiff should look exactly the same and it does not.
Try copying all of your adjustments from that capture and paste them onto the previous next two images in the browser and process them -- does it work normally, or do you have the same issue in the other files?

At this point the only thing that makes sense is a corrupted capture.

Try copying all of your adjustments from that capture and paste them onto the previous next two images in the browser and process them -- does it work normally, or do you have the same issue in the other files?

Tried that...Colors are the same... Only difference I see is that the tiff is a little bit less detailed...

Tried also doing the opposite and copying adjustments from glasses to bag then exporting bag tiff again, and doesn't work at all....

I just thought about something - probably not it. But I did use catalog instead of sessions to shoot tethered. Then I chose which photos I wanted then exported them as originals - which apparently according to Phase One makes a copy of the original instead of just taking the original file. I have now lost the original file as I deleted everything in my sessions and catalogs to try and fix this issue.

gazwas

I just thought about something - probably not it. But I did use catalog instead of sessions to shoot tethered. Then I chose which photos I wanted then exported them as originals - which apparently according to Phase One makes a copy of the original instead of just taking the original file. I have now lost the original file as I deleted everything in my sessions and catalogs to try and fix this issue.
If you can find an original RAW file can you EIP it and PM a link so some of us can have a go at processing on a different machine for you. I don't mind running a TIFF off and sending it back to you for a comparison.

Don't think it would make a difference, as I have tried re-installing my Capture One on two different machines. I did full delete and installs on both machines. It is only the photos from this back that do this.

I can send you the RAW file if you pm me your email. It will be via wetransfer.

Eric

If you can find an original RAW file can you EIP it and PM a link so some of us can have a go at processing on a different machine for you. I don't mind running a TIFF off and sending it back to you for a comparison.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
It's got to be a corrupted file then. It could have occurred during the export form catalog thing, I don't know -- I don't use catalogs since they're so new for Phase and I resist using anything new.

gazwas

What I don't understand is if its a corrupted file, why would C1 preview it, allow you to make adjustments and only show the problem after processing? Every P back I've ever owned or used have always been rock solid and never once had a corrupted file. I might just be lucky but when I have had a problem file from one of my Canons the problem shows up straight away in the C1 preview.

...Then I chose which photos I wanted then exported them as originals ... I have now lost the original file as I deleted everything in my sessions and catalogs to try and fix this issue.
Is there a chance the back has a CF card in it. The originals might still be there.

Is that back set to include some strange ICC profile? What do the base characteristics in COne say? Is it really set to P65+

I'd certainly take another controlled shot preferably of a colour control chart and then process that through to TIF. If that works try the same tethered to see if that affects it.

thomas

Just tried doing an older file that I took with my P25+. The results from the export are WAY better. I've always noticed a slight decrease in quality in the blacks and contrast when exporting to a tiff. I can see that here in the P25+ tiff, but atleast all the colors are the same and the image is VERY similiar to the RAW file in Capture One.
minor differences between C1 and Photoshop are "by design". C1 uses old school color management in terms of rendering intends (that also apply to the translation to the monitor profile) whereas Adobe software always uses black point compensation for the conversion to the monitor profile. But here we are only talking about subtile differences in shadows and blacks.

Okay, many hints and tips with regard to the viewing and output options have been given in this thread.
But what happens when you change the input profile (base characteristics -> camera profile)? Try to change it to "flash" or any other appropriate camera profile. Is the mismatch still apperent?