The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S2 with 3d party lenses ?

Shashin

I've really enjoyed shooting film, but I'm hoping that I can manipulate the S2 files to my satisfaction...An S2 and a small, cheap P&S is my goal.
I kind of did the same thing. When running my own darkroom became impractical, I made the jump to a Pentax 645D and financed it with my film gear. While not a substitute (I do not believe using one process to imitate another), I have been really happy with the move. I think you will be pleased with the S2 files, especially if you print and like to print large (4'x3').

I just picked my P&S--the Sony RX1 ("cheap" is relative). It seems to be a nice complement to the 645D. The quality is certainly there where the work from both cameras can take the same stage.