Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hasselblad H5D

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Hasselblad H5D

Quote Originally Posted by gazwas View Post
    I imagine it is the very same pack they developed for the H4 but I wouldn't bank on it working on anything other than the H5. The cynic in me says the only reason why it was never released on the H4 is because the new H5 was coming and this is a new feature of the new camera and a reason for H4 users to upgrade.
    Apparently the cynic in you would be wrong.

The new battery adapter will work on the H4D/60 ... as well as the H5Ds including the H5D-50MS and H5D-200MS

-Marc
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RVB View Post
    UK price is 324 pounds but there is no delivery date yet..
    Hi all
    I use a quantum turbo 3. Could probably power a space shuttle mission. Can rest assured of power through a full days shooting and more. Recently I went on a 3 day trip and forgot my charger. The battery kept going. I have a Leaf FireWire 800 adaptor connecting to the quantum cable. It's built like a brick and the cost is close to the Hasselblad adaptor alone. Than you add the cost and space of multiple batteries which don't last as long as the quantum. Would probably stick with quantum as primary battery choice even if I changed to phase one or Leaf. One of my best buys

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RVB View Post
    UK price is 324 pounds but there is no delivery date yet..
    Hi all
    I use a quantum turbo 3. Could probably power a space shuttle mission. Can rest assured of power through a full days shooting and more. Recently I went on a 3 day trip and forgot my charger. The battery kept going. I have a Leaf FireWire 800 adaptor connecting to the quantum cable. It's built like a brick and the cost is close to the Hasselblad adaptor alone. Than you add the cost and space of multiple batteries which don't last as long as the quantum. Would probably stick with quantum as primary battery choice even if I changed to phase one or Leaf. One of my best buys

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Enda Cavanagh View Post
    Hi all

Neither Hasselblad nor Quantum recommend this combination-both warned me that the Quantum battery could do damage to the Hasselblad electrical system-scared me off

Stanley

Post Thanks / Like

Well Stanley.
    I have a whole bunch of emails where someone in Hasselblad eventually concluded

"However obviously without having one of these ourselves we can not definitively say there will NO problems , as this is a 3rd party product.
    the engineer did however say it sounded like a smart solution."

I have used it extensively on my Hasselblad H3D back on a Cambo View camera without a single problem over 18 months or so. I wish I could say the same when I tether the camera to a laptop with Phocus running!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    "Coming Soon" is not to be trusted, nor used as part of a purchase decision. I suggest not buying until the full product is a reality.

I partly made the decision to get a H4D/60 because of the strong promise of a clip-on battery ... thus giving me the option to use the back untethered on a field camera. The battery hardware port is on the H4D/60, but no battery was ever offered ... just excuses and delays, until now there is a new camera ... also promising said battery.

What was really unfortunate was with the H4D/60, they disabled the use of my Image Bank-II as a capture devise ... I can power the back with it on a tech camera, but no longer can shoot images to it ... making it the most un-elegant and expensive battery solution on the planet. When I asked why they disabled it, I was told it was because it was in anticipation that H4D/60 could take its own battery ... which of course doesn't exist

-Marc

BTW, previously I frequently used the Image Bank-II for cold weather and longer shoots by slipping it into a pocket (it is quite small), and running the thin FW-800 cord down my jacket sleeve. Having the battery powering the back relieved the grip battery from powering the back so all it had to do is power the camera, and it lasted much much longer. The IB-II also allows redundant capture by transferring CF images to it up to 100 gig.
    These and other issues with the H4D/60 are why I left Hasselblad. I'll believe the battery solution when they deliver the battery.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The longer I have waited for my upgrade to an H5D50 the more I realized that I don't want/need it.
    I have finally come to the conclusion that it is little more than a software upgrade, so I cancelled my order this morning
    Stanley

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stngoldberg View Post
    The longer I have waited for my upgrade to an H5D50 the more I realized that I don't want/need it.
    I have finally come to the conclusion that it is little more than a software upgrade, so I cancelled my order this morning
    Stanley
    I thought the H5 was released/available in January.......?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

That was the original date, but my dealer only recently got his demo-none of his orders have been filled (fortunately for me)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stngoldberg View Post
    That was the original date, but my dealer only recently got his demo-none of his orders have been filled (fortunately for me)
    Hasselbladbulletin.com

A few new item's for the H5D...