The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hassy V On Way Out? Victor Question

fotografz

That maybe very true but still there is no way to avoid barrel distortion in a super wide retrofocus design. So I do have to questions Leica's statement there. There just has to be some. Hassy and Phase both correct for it with our 28mm lenses and on the Phase side it does a nice job and from what I have seen so does Hassy. Not sure you can get around the distortion factor. Now maybe there talking CA so who knows until we see them but like Marc said warm up your wallets . I say invest in a really nice ski mask and a fast car.
Thanks Guy, I blew coffee out my nose on that one.

"Really nice ski mask" ... :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
A really nice one, that way there talking about what a really cool ski mask than your get away.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
Well, I've got to point out that Leica also said there would never be a digital M either, as it was too difficult to overcome the sensor limitations due to the rear of the lens being so close to the plane of the sensor.... but they accomplished that.

My first reaction would be to wait and see just what their engineering magicians can pull off. My second reaction was after seeing the MTF specs on these lenses.... Wow! My third reaction was the same as Guy's, time to warm up the ski mask, and try to find a bank that still has any money!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Yea and not one that is going bankrupt like us. LOL
2 wrongs won't make a right here.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

David,
maybe I was not choosing the right words. I am convinced that post-correction in software makes sense - its more of a mental thing for me to accept that things are done in software which were done in hardware in earlier times.
And there is something where I am allways afraid that thing are "added" to the image which was not there. I feel parts of the image are calculated and istead of being directly exposed. Again, I do not doubt the final result and that it makes sense.
All parts of of the image are calculated as 2/3rds of any single shot image is pure interpolation! So the addition of lens corrections is not so bad.

:thumbup: