The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad HC 50mm II

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Dear friends,

I have few questions regarding the HC 50mm II.

Has anyone experienced the Hasselblad HC 50mm II?
Is it worth to upgrade from the version I?
How is it compared to the HCD 35-90mm at 50mm?
How is it with the HTS 1.5?
Thanks in advance for your comments.

Happy New Year!
Pramote

Quentin_Bargate

Dear friends,

Happy New Year!
Pramote
1. Yes
2. The II is a vastly superior lens to the 1, so yes, it is a worthwhile upgrade. Much sharper accross the whole frame. I upgraded and don't regret it.

No idea reagding your last two questions.

Quentin

Giorgio

Dear friends,

Happy New Year!
Pramote
Some thoughts.

With the HTS the 50 will become a 75 focal length keep that in mind.

When I shot the H3DII 31 and the H4D 40 the 50mm was my favorite focal length and most used lens it gave a slightly wide field of view.

Funny because when I shot film I rarely used the 50 at all.

Anyway after buying a 35/90 I pretty much stopped using the the 50 and it became redundant. Today with all of the glowing reports about the new 50 I definitively have some interest and would love to hear from a user of the new lens.

fotografz

Used the version one for years, and thought it was pretty good.

I was stunned how much better the version two was.

I had the 35-90 which is a stellar lens, zoom or not. However, I sold it when I got the H4D/60 and 50-II. The 35-90 is a HCD lens where the 50-II is a HC. When going for wide, the 28 was my preferred choice, and at the longer end the 100/2.2. The 35-90 doesn't work on the HTS/1.5, and while a convenient range was just to big and to slow.

If I had the money, I'd like to have them all even if only used occasionally ... but who wouldn't?

I like that the 50-II, 100 and 150N all take the same filter and they all nicely fit my Think Tank lens bag.

-Marc