The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Wahooo!!! MF Digital

volkerhopf

Hi, I just got a Mamiya AFD and I am interested in the Zeiss adapter you mention. Would you be able to let me know, where you can get such an adapter and what the name of it is ( or product code etc).
Thanks.
Volker

fotografz

Hi Volker.

I found it on e-bay:

http://search.ebay.com/Hasselblad-M...refZC6QQfromZR4QQsacatZ625QQssPageNameZRC0021

I bought the less expensive one made in Japan ... and it works fine. The Fotodiox one is a lot more money. I don't know if it is better made, but it functionally doesn't do anything more than the less expensive one.

You lose the aperture coupling, and will have to stop down meter and shoot ... but you gain focus confirmation in the viewfinder and a maximum shutter speed of 1/4000th for shooting wide-open in bright light with lenses like the Zeiss 110/2F or FE for example. If this is the only use you will have for the Zeiss lenses, you can buy 200 series F lenses for a LOT less money than the FE versions. All C, CF, CFi CFE, F and FE lenses will work.

I recommend V lenses like the F or FE 50/2.8, 110/2, 150/2.8 and 65/3.5 CFi, 100/3.5 CFi, 180/4 CFi. Tip: when using this adapter, be sure any Zeiss lens is cocked after removing it from the adapter before using it on a Hasselblad camera.

I also swapped out the Mamiya 645 focusing screen for one with a split microprism screen to facilitate manual focusing of V lenses ... which is available from Mamiya through B&H, etc. It still retains AF ability with Mamiya AF lenses.

Pretty sexy set up IMO.

Last edited:

volkerhopf

Hi Volker.

I found it on e-bay:

http://search.ebay.com/Hasselblad-M...refZC6QQfromZR4QQsacatZ625QQssPageNameZRC0021

I bought the less expensive one made in Japan ... and it works fine. The Fotodiox one is a lot more money. I don't know if it is better made, but it functionally doesn't do anything more than the less expensive one.

You lose the aperture coupling, and will have to stop down meter and shoot ... but you gain focus confirmation in the viewfinder and a maximum shutter speed of 1/4000th for shooting wide-open in bright light with lenses like the Zeiss 110/2F or FE for example. If this is the only use you will have for the Zeiss lenses, you can buy 200 series F lenses for a LOT less money than the FE versions. All C, CF, CFi CFE, F and FE lenses will work.

I recommend V lenses like the F or FE 50/2.8, 110/2, 150/2.8 and 65/3.5 CFi, 100/3.5 CFi, 180/4 CFi. Tip: when using this adapter, be sure any Zeiss lens is cocked after removing it from the adapter before using it on a Hasselblad camera.

I also swapped out the Mamiya 645 focusing screen for one with a split microprism screen to facilitate manual focusing of V lenses ... which is available from Mamiya through B&H, etc. It still retains AF ability with Mamiya AF lenses.

Pretty sexy set up IMO.
Thank you very much, this is great info for me. I have lost touch with MF and have to buildt upo some knowledge!
Your equipment really looks sexy - mouthwatering!