The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Arcbody and P25 Back work together??

Hello,
I believe I'm confused but I'm not sure..
I have read in some places that a Hasselblad ARCbody must have its rear end slightly machined in order to use a Phase One P25 back. Does anyone know for sure if this is true?

Secondly, I also read that the P25 will work on a Hasselbad FLEXbody with no modification - that only a wakeup cable is needed. Does anyone know if this is true?

thank you for your help!!

Robert N.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Hello,
I believe I'm confused but I'm not sure..
I have read in some places that a Hasselblad ARCbody must have its rear end slightly machined in order to use a Phase One P25 back. Does anyone know for sure if this is true?

Secondly, I also read that the P25 will work on a Hasselbad FLEXbody with no modification - that only a wakeup cable is needed. Does anyone know if this is true?
Yes, both of those statements are true.

Of course the broader question of what tools will work best for what you want to do (e.g. is an ARCbody/FLEXbody your best path or something like a Cambo Wide RC400) is a separate topic.

We (Digital Transitions) have experience with both bodies and with the required modification. Feel free to email me.

You and others know much more about this then I do, that's why I asked for help. But, I also do not understand how/why the rear of a FLEXbody would be different then an ARCbody since they were both made to take Hasselblad V backs.
This get complicated quickly.
Thank you!
Robert N.

fotophil

There must have been several versions of the ArcBody because mine did not require any machining to accept a Phase digital back.

mtomalty

Years ago, when demo'ing a P25 on my Arcbody we discovered that the back
would not fasten to the camera due to a slight blockage in the film gate.
As it turned out, the camera had a very small metal 'mask' of sorts in the film gate and
with a little 'encouragement' was able to pop the mask out and use the back
without problem

Mark

"the camera had a very small metal 'mask' of sorts in the film gate and
without problem"

Now that's interesting! You add that to the Arcbodies that work without a mod and you can see why I'm confused.

Thank you for all the help - I appreciate it.

Robert

PSon

Years ago, when demo'ing a P25 on my Arcbody we discovered that the back
would not fasten to the camera due to a slight blockage in the film gate.
As it turned out, the camera had a very small metal 'mask' of sorts in the film gate and
without problem

Mark
I just got my Arcbody and was not able to mount my P25+ on. However thanks to Mark info here, I took the mask out and my P25+ fitted perfectly onto the Arcbody camera.

Thanks,
Son