Site Sponsors

Thread: The New Leica S

Post Thanks / Like

The New Leica S

Folks, took the new S for a test drive today. It has the same sensor as my existing S2-P, just a bit faster from a processing perspective, New menu system with a joystick for when you are viewing images, you can pan around. Additionally is has a built in GPS and a slightly different skin or finish (But smother the the S2). The dropped the Safire glass and added Gorilla glass on the monitor. Thats it, will be around $22K.

Also, i did pick up my new 70mm CS glass. The trading process worked seamlessly, Printed the form, took it in to my dealer, they traded it in plus $1K.

A few Pix.

Testing the New Lecia S by David Miskinyar, on Flickr

Testing the New Lecia S by David Miskinyar, on Flickr
    | Leica M9 | 35mm Summilux ASPH | 50mm Summilux ASPH | 50mm Noctilux ASPH | 75mm Summicron ASPH |
    | Leica S2-P | Grip | 35mm Summarit ASPH | 70mm Summarit ASPH | 120mm Summarit ASPH|
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The New Leica S

Were these photos made with the CS lens?

Post Thanks / Like

yes... got my 70 cs yesterday. dm
    | Leica M9 | 35mm Summilux ASPH | 50mm Summilux ASPH | 50mm Noctilux ASPH | 75mm Summicron ASPH |
    | Leica S2-P | Grip | 35mm Summarit ASPH | 70mm Summarit ASPH | 120mm Summarit ASPH|

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

David, the young lady looks familar . Although I've done some cursory shooting with both the original S2 on a number of occasions and now the S, I can fully identify with your conclusion about the refinement of the S and I felt the workflow while actually shooting with the camera, was a bit more seemless with the new model. Nicely done David!

I have some comparitive images taken with the Leica S vs. Pentax 645D using both system's 120mm macro lenses. Haven't yet downloaded the respective images, but hope to post a few pairs.

Dave (D&A)

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Got a feeling that if you can shoot like that and process like that no camera is every going to be more than just a tool in your hands. Really love the tonality of these pics.
    I am not a painter, nor an artist. Therefore I can see straight, and that may be my undoing. - Alfred Stieglitz