The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

what view finder do you use on your Alpa tc ?

mmbma

My leica vario doesn't fit as it doesn't protrude far enough int he back, while my face is blocked by the thick digital back. Any suggestions? (other than Alpha's own)

danlindberg

Alpa article 400.060.035

62mm long, maybe a solution for you?

Edit: I did see your 'other than Alpa', but it is easy to miss this one....:)

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Here a quick iPHONE shot of my solution for my ALPA TC .
What you see is a self made adapter . Click on the image to enlarge .

View attachment 68593

You can move the rod with the little viewfinder , forward or backward , depending on the size of your nose . :)
You can easily replace the little viewfinder with an other one , depending on the ALPA lens you want to use . :clap:
You can swing the finder to the side , so that you can comfortably store the camera in a smaller bag .

Grzegorz Pedzich

Copied from the original shape of the mask.
Through trial and error have set the size of each lens.
The entire printed out on regular printer on transparencies.
:)

When I had a TC I used the 43mm finder from my Mamiya 7II. I measured and printed fram markers on transparent sheet, which worked fine for light subjects.

goesbang

I just use an Eyeball Mark1(L) over the top of the camera. I have a spare, an Eyeball Mark1(R) but I favour the (L) as it is the dominant one of the pair. I use the screen of the IQ180 to monitor the performance of the Eyeball Mark1(L) whose images are processed in real-time by Siebel Brain Mark1 as this combination can sometimes come to questionable conclusions. Sometimes, the Siebel Brain Mark1 comes to questionable conclusions working entirely on its own, but that's a story for another campfire.

mmbma

Thank you

Got this from Jeff at Fotocare today. Pricey but the service was awesome. He is such a knowledgeable guy and an alpa user himself.

Alpa article 400.060.035

62mm long, maybe a solution for you?

Edit: I did see your 'other than Alpa', but it is easy to miss this one....:)

narikin

Olympus VF1 finder on my walkabout TC with 60mm Digaron-S. Its made for 4/3 so has exactly the right frame proportions for 645 digibacks. Cheap too.

If things get complicated I have the 9x12/4/" Linhof zoom finder, which is a wonderful piece of kit with great masks, parallax correction and different focal length zoom. Alpa should licence this finder for normal + longer focal lengths. Their one is only good for wide angle work, imho.

Both are attached to the Alpa via the bracket already pictured above.