The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Schneider 35XL? Price?

darr

So they built that snazzy website themselves as some bloke off the lens calibration line has a friend who's some built it for a school project?
That does not even make sense ... check your grammar! :lecture:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Arca's web designer will finish it up as soon as he gets that USB connector working for Phase One.... ;)

Matt

torger

Unfortunately the market for tech cams are so small that some sub-markets just go near-dead, even if the products are good.

Schneider 35mm is tougher to sell now when there are better performing although more expensive lenses, but also that the highest resolution digital backs don't support them well (color cast).

But it can be worse, I'm trying to sell a Rodenstock Apo-Sironar digital 35mm and actually replace it with a Schneider 35mm :). The Sironar is very economical and perfectly okay on lower res backs, but not on a higher res back and pixel-peep sickness (I got that), so it's very hard to find a buyer for it.

The tech digital view camera market is tough too despite a few really good products, now when everyone wants pancakes :).

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Unfortunately the market for tech cams are so small that some sub-markets just go near-dead, even if the products are good.

Schneider 35mm is tougher to sell now when there are better performing although more expensive lenses, but also that the highest resolution digital backs don't support them well (color cast).

But it can be worse, I'm trying to sell a Rodenstock Apo-Sironar digital 35mm and actually replace it with a Schneider 35mm :). The Sironar is very economical and perfectly okay on lower res backs, but not on a higher res back and pixel-peep sickness (I got that), so it's very hard to find a buyer for it.

The tech digital view camera market is tough too despite a few really good products, now when everyone wants pancakes :).
My APO-SIRONAR-DIGITAL 35mm was mounted on an ARCA SWISS 110 lens board and used with my ARCA 6x9/4x5 F-Line metric + CFV-16 .
I tried to sell that lens without success .
So , before I give that lens away for an apple and an egg , I decided to keep it and I got it adapted for the ALPA System .
And I also decided to use 6x7 film with that lens again . The IC even allows small shifts .
The currently used film back is the ARCA/HORSEMAN 6x7 .

torger

Woohoo! :D Now my Rodenstock Apo-Sironal digital 35mm is sold (lowered the price to dead cheap and then interest finally appeared...) and I found a Schneider 35mm on Techno mount for $1800 to replace it with! Very happy with the lens so far, and not as hard on the ground glass as I thought it would be. Haven't had so much time to shoot for real with it though, only test images so far.

Pemihan

I may have one for sale pretty soon. Just over a year old and as new.
What do you consider a good price?
Feel free to pm me..

Peter

I'm interested in buying a Schneider 35xl with center filter in a CAMBO mount for a good price ....

f8orbust

I'm interested in buying a Schneider 35xl with center filter in a CAMBO mount for a good price ....
Depending on where you are in the world, I would phone Calumet and see if they have any ex-demo ones. I picked one up from there (long since sold) in Cambo mount for a stellar $1700.

I guess as a result of people moving to the IQ180/280, there seem to have been quite a few floating around recently on GetDPI (all in Alpa mount) for $2500 or less.

There was a rumour that a new 35mm from S/K is in the offing; I spoke to my dealer and they hadn't heard anything, so not sure how true it is. The fact that the 35mm is still listed on the German S/K website (unlike the 24/28) probably indicates that it's going to be around for a while yet. However, I wouldn't be surprised if it was replaced sooner rather than later.