The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pentax 645D

ondebanks

I don't ever recall a time where flair was noticable in an image taken with the FA 35mm.
Bluntly stating that Pentax shooters exhibit no flair in their images is surely going just a bit too far? I mean, we Mamiya shooters clearly have far more photographic flair, but we don't tend to go around pointing that out! :ROTFL: :toocool:

Ray

D&A

I can't believe you paid only $264!!! What a deal.
Let's see some pics.
Gary, I'll double your profit and pay you 2x $264.00 plus a whole bag of NIB Tiffen filters of all sizes and colors for your new 645D. I doubt anyone will top my offer so quickly pack it up and send it off to me. Once received I'll send a check, filters and even include a brand new Leica lens cleaning cloth thats covered in the famous red dots. You can imagine how much this cloth is worth...nothing by Leica is cheap...LOL!

By the way congratulations on receiving your 645D. No trains, planes and automobile pics for your first shots. We're expecting the majestic mountains of Alaska in the background with lots of wildlife to round out the image. Can't wait to see your first posted shots. Have fun!

Dave (D&A)

bensonga

Yes, I was surprised at how much m4/3rds gear I had accumulated. I even had a few lenses which I had never used and/or forgot that I even owned (such as the Olympus 60mm macro, by most accounts, an excellent lens).

It all added up to a nice sized trade-in allowance for the camera of my dreams...the 645D. :thumbs:

It's going to be tough finding subjects worthy of this camera however...majestic mountains, Alaskan wildlife....yikes! The pressure is too much...maybe I'll just keep shooting with my 12 megapixel D700 for now. :eek:

Gary

weinlamm

Congratulation to your deal and the new Pentax! But never tell your wife, how much money you have lost with your 4/3-gear... ( I think ;) ).

Sometimes you have to buy twice... Hope you arrived now. :thumbup:
And I want to see pictures, too. :D

bensonga

As most people here know (and as my friends and wife would attest), I normally hate to part with any of my photo gear, because more often than not, I've regretted it later. In this case, the prize was worth the cost and I'm certain that with a 645D in hand, I will not miss the micro 4/3rds gear or even the D800.

I've been waiting a long, long time to get my hands on this camera, beginning many years before the 645D was actually released. I'm sure there are others here who were in the same boat, wondering if we would ever see the 645D become reality. It's a great feeling to actually hold one in my hands tonight!

Gary

tsjanik

Anyone who followed the convoluted, on again-off again, tortuous, delayed appearance of the 645D, is amazed and delighted when one finally appears. Enjoy the camera.

Shashin

Yes, I was surprised at how much m4/3rds gear I had accumulated. I even had a few lenses which I had never used and/or forgot that I even owned (such as the Olympus 60mm macro, by most accounts, an excellent lens).

It all added up to a nice sized trade-in allowance for the camera of my dreams...the 645D. :thumbs:

It's going to be tough finding subjects worthy of this camera however...majestic mountains, Alaskan wildlife....yikes! The pressure is too much...maybe I'll just keep shooting with my 12 megapixel D700 for now. :eek:

Gary
Don't just leave it for Sunday's best. It makes nice family pics too.

When I started selling my stuff, I was doubtful I would reach my goal. When I did, I was too scared to try to figure out how much money I spent buying the stuff I just sold. Sometime ignorance is bliss. My wife was just happy I did not have to dip into savings.

After about a year, I calculated how much my film cost would have been if I shot the same amount with the film cameras I sold. I basically broke even.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Crap should not have looked. B&H 17k gets you a 645, 25mm, 55mm,90mm.
In MF that ain't too bad.

No I am not getting one but it is tempting. LOL

Maybe time to knit a new ski mask. Lol

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
As most people here know (and as my friends and wife would attest), I normally hate to part with any of my photo gear, because more often than not, I've regretted it later. In this case, the prize was worth the cost and I'm certain that with a 645D in hand, I will not miss the micro 4/3rds gear or even the D800.
Since you still have your D700, I'm sure that you won't miss those others at all!

Baa baa black sheep, have you any micro 4/3rds gear?
Yes sir, yes sir, 3 bags full.

Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

Ray
Now that's funny :D
(and so true for so many people - myself included but it's Fuji gear)

bensonga

Baa baa black sheep, have you any micro 4/3rds gear?
Yes sir, yes sir, 3 bags full.
Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)
Ray
I couldn't bring myself to part with ALL of it....kept my G1, the 14-42 and 20/1.7 lenses. The G1 wasn't worth much and actually takes very nice images. Light and small...perfect for motorcycle or bicycle rides.

The challenge will be....how long can I avoid giving in to the lure/temptation of dipping my toes into the Fuji X-system? :eek:

Nice day here, so I may take the afternoon off and head out along Turnagain Arm with the 645D. :)

I'm definitely taking the 645D with me when I head to Seattle this weekend for a 5 day mini-vacation. Going to travel light...so limiting myself to 3 lenses. Maybe the 35 A, 55 DFA or 75 A and 150 A.

Gary

tsjanik

Crap should not have looked. B&H 17k gets you a 645, 25mm, 55mm,90mm.
In MF that ain't too bad.

No I am not getting one but it is tempting. LOL

Maybe time to knit a new ski mask. Lol
Guy:

Given your history of buy now, explain later and that you are checking prices, I'll mention that there are some good deals on the 35mm and 120mm at KEH right now. Two lenses you will certainly need.

:poke::ROTFL:

Stuart Richardson

Congratulations Gary! I had a similar experience with the S2...I had lots and lots of gear (well, still do, to be honest), and I sold a huge amount to get just a single camera and a few lenses. It was a scary move, but I was immediately glad that I did it, and have continued to be extremely happy I made the choice in the year and a half since. I am no longer thinking about the next new camera...the revolving door for my gear has stopped turning. I am not excluding changing something out some day in the future, but I think you will find that one extremely good camera is much better than many good ones. You can only practically use one at a time, so better to have one superb one than many decent ones!