The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How to trigger strobe from Technical Camera?

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Sure you hook your Pocket Wizard with mini cord attached to it than the other end is a PC end that connects directly to the sync port ON the back.

jagsiva

+1 on what Guy said. Again, I would use a radio solution as I personally would be anxious hooking up a sync cord directly from the strobe to the back.

Added bonus is you get the LS sync speeds, 1/500 in my case.

Take a look at some of shortballer's images in the tech cam images thread, so really stunning work.

Shashin

You can use a cord or a radio transmitter. I have done both with a P25+ on a Linhof C679.

gazwas

You can use a cord or a radio transmitter. I have done both with a P25+ on a Linhof C679.
Very true as long as you know the sync voltage of the flash equipment you are using is safe. Some older flash equipment have a high sync voltage and can damage the back and why it is safer to use radio if in any doubt.

Same goes for any modern digital camera, not just medium format.

Hard to see in this picture but there is a pocket wizard on top of the camera triggering Bowens Gemini Pro heads.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Its a much better day if blow up a Pocket Wizard over a back any day of the week. LOL

Seriously its also one less oh **** I tripped over the freaking cord on the floor with a 30 K back on the other end.

Thank you everyone. I have Pocket Wizard and always used on DF, however I didn't know that it can be connected to the IQ DB as well. Never opened the manual. LOL!!!

stngoldberg

Does anyone know how to employ a flash (quantum for example) with an H4back attached to a RM3Di? Neither my dealer nor Quantum seem to know if it is possible.
Stanley