The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographer's Insurance... Suggestions?

Right now all my gear is currently insured under home owner's insurance. However, now that business is bringing big clients, we have been asked if we are insured for their products. We have a jeweler that is very interested in our work, and wants us to shoot her new line. When we went to pick up the jewelry she asked us if our insurance would cover the 200k in products. Is there a photographer's insurance that would cover this?

Last edited:

kipling

Right now all my gear is currently insured under home owner's insurance. However, now that business is bringing big clients, we have been asked if we are insured for their products. We have a jeweler that is very interested in our work, and wants us to shoot her new line. When we went to pick up the jewelry she asked us if our insurance would cover the 200k in products. Is there a photographer's insurance that would cover this?

on a large scale commercial job it's normal to include production insurance costs – an insurance policy drawn up for that specific job.

I have an insurance agent who specializes in photography productions and he handles my requests. but, it's not a "photographer's" insurance. It a policy that covers *all* aspects required. theft, accidents, production delays caused by bad weather, anything that can derail a production is included.

btw, the insurance costs are covered by the client (in my case), as it's part of the production costs.

hope this helps.

rsmphoto

As a working pro here in the US, I've been a member of a professional photographer's organization, ASMP, (asmp.org) for many, many years. One of the myriad benefits of the ASMP is group business insurance for pros - very affordable, extensive and complete. I don't know if where you live there is a similar organization, but you might want to check into it.

Best, Richard