The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

fat pixel digital backs

med

Does the Aptus 22 count as a fat pixel back? I know it is the same pixel pitch as the Kodak-based 9 micron sensors, but I've found comments elsewhere that the Dalsa-based 9 micron backs lack the "fat pixel magic" that the Kodak ones have. I realize that the "magic" is subjective, but has anyone else had experience with both Kodak and Dalsa 22MP backs?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
First tests of the 503CXi & CFV-16. Loving the subtle colours from this back out of camera via Phocus and even ACR.

Hasselblad CFV-16, 503CXi, 150 CFi (cropped)

Last edited:

PeterL

Wonderful subtle colors Graham, Columbia River Gorge - thanks again for alerting me to this great location.

Cheets, -Peter

GrahamWelland

Does the Aptus 22 count as a fat pixel back? I know it is the same pixel pitch as the Kodak-based 9 micron sensors, but I've found comments elsewhere that the Dalsa-based 9 micron backs lack the "fat pixel magic" that the Kodak ones have. I realize that the "magic" is subjective, but has anyone else had experience with both Kodak and Dalsa 22MP backs?
Pretty sure that it counts. I'd say 7u and above pretty much define fat pixels.

med

Pretty sure that it counts. I'd say 7u and above pretty much define fat pixels.
I have no experience with Kodak sensor backs, but the files from the Aptus 22 are pretty awesome. I can't wait to get my hands on the back and start contributing to this thread!

GrahamWelland

Not great art but I'm still impressed with the colour from Hasselblad CFV-16 straight from the camera via ACR. This is default from back with just levels adjustment. No colour adjustments at all. :thumbup:

503 CXi, CFV-16, 40/4C 4 image focus stack

Last edited:

bensonga

Not great art but I'm still impressed with the colour from Hasselblad CFV-16 straight from the camera via ACR. This is default from back with just levels adjustment. No colour adjustments at all. :thumbup:

503 CWD, CFV-16, 40/4C 4 image focus stack
Very nice image Graham. I was at the Vista House on Saturday. We drove both the east and west sections of Highway 30. The Columbia River Gorge is one of my favorite places. One of these days, I'll have to get serious and spend more time there with a camera.

Gary

Last edited:

bythewei

I just myself a P25+ and loving every second of it. Fat pixels FTW.

P25+ on a Hasselblad 50mm CFi handheld on f/4.

steflaurent974

I love this thread. I don't like to see it going down on my screen. So here is my contribution with my still shooting P25+ :

A big swell striked on Reunion Island.

MARKC

Praying for fish..:angel:

Apo-Tele-Tessar T* 500/8_503CW_P25+

ALPA / HASS V / LEICA S & M / PHASEONE IQ & P+