The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

fat pixel digital backs

MARKC

Would you mind sharing some technical settings used for this image? I assume you dialed in a smaller aperture and focused infinity ?

You're welcome !!

As far as I remembered, that was a hand held picture. I "guessed" the focus to the closer lady in front of me, then I set the aperture around F/11-16 to get maximum DOF. While the shutter speed was kept either 1/30s or 1/60s. Hope it helps ! :thumbs:

Jan

You're welcome !!

As far as I remembered, that was a hand held picture. I "guessed" the focus to the closer lady in front of me, then I set the aperture around F/11-16 to get maximum DOF. While the shutter speed was kept either 1/30s or 1/60s. Hope it helps ! :thumbs:
Thanks, i use a similar combo and i thought of using it more for images of this kind but the guessing is pretty hard and you have to get real good light to avoid falling into shutterspeeds where handheld is no longer possible. ISO increase is barely an option, thats where these backs still lack tremendously.

bensonga

One of my first shots with the P25+ back I purchased from Pson. Just received it yesterday and the 645 AFD II and 3 lenses I had also ordered arrived today. A few quite shots on the way home. I clearing have a lot to learn with back, camera and processing of these images.

Gary

645 AFDII, P25+, AF 80/2.8 lens

bensonga

In this image I am starting to see the look I love from the excellent "fat pixel" images many of you have shared and from the few images I have actually taken with my CFV-16II.

I love the Mamiya 645 AFD II viewfinder....very bright!

Gary

My Bimmer, 645 AFDII, AF 80/2.8, P25+

Last edited:

bensonga

A lot to learn before I get the most of out this P25+ back, especially with regard to white balance etc.

In the meantime, here is a B&W conversion from I shot I took this morning.

Gary

P25+, 645 AFDII, AF 80/2.8, conversion to B&W with SilverEfex Pro

bensonga

First images from my P25+ used for a B&W print exchange (August).

I am VERY happy with the results from this 9 year old MFDB. For my purposes, it works just fine on the older Mamiya 645 AFD II and non-D lenses.

Both images printed on Ilford Gold Mono Silk.

Gary

P25+, 645 AFD II, 80mm f2.8 AF lens, B&W conversion with SilverEfex Pro

jotloob

Subscriber Member
nhn

It looks as if you did not use an LCC shot to correct the color cast in that image .
Have a closer look to the left upper part of the image .
Here you have the typical cyan cast and on the right lower side the magenta cast .
This color cast can easily be corrected in PHOCUS using the Scene Correction function and your LCC shot (when taken) .
This color cast typically turns up with BIOGON type lenses , because the rear lens element is very close to the sensor .
The DISTAGON type lenses , like the DISTAGON 40 FLE (IF) do not show this color cast , and in most cases you then do not need an LCC shot .