The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

fat pixel digital backs

awolf

Having had the Mamiya 645 df and P21+...
These images, are spectacular.
I don't see anything remotely as good coming out from all these new CMOS backs (Leave out the resolution, there is more to life that that). Where did we go wrong??

bensonga

One of my first shots with the Leaf Aptus II 5 I bought from Graham Welland recently.

I really like the colors from this DB. Now I just need to get out and use it more.

Gary

Aptus II 5, Phase One DF and the PO 80mm f2.8 D lens.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
One of my first shots with the Leaf Aptus II 5 I bought from Graham Welland recently.

I really like the colors from this DB. Now I just need to get out and use it more.

Gary
Leaf colour rocks! Less punchy than some of the Phase One palettes create. Glad to see you like it. :thumbs:

bensonga

Leaf colour rocks! Less punchy than some of the Phase One palettes create. Glad to see you like it. :thumbs:
I certainly do Graham....thanks again!

I have a lot to learn re processing to get the most from the Leaf files, but even with my limited processing abilities, I'm impressed with the results this back delivers. This image made a beautiful print on 11x17 inch IFGS paper.

Gary

P Wonder

Re: fat pixel digital backs Color with C1 or Photoshop

Hallo to all fat pixel lovers.

I use Phase One P25+ on hasselblad V and I find it very nice to work with.
The question I have concerns COLOR in CS6. How does if compare to C1 pro software?
Is there anybody who has experience with the combo C1 Pro and P25+? in respect to COLOR?
Also I see that the histogram on the P25+ back is not as it is in CS6. There is a 1-2 stops difference. A good histogram on the back is 1-2 stops underexposed in CS6.
Any advise on this?

with kind regards,

Peter

Jan

Hallo to all fat pixel lovers.

I use Phase One P25+ on hasselblad V and I find it very nice to work with.
The question I have concerns COLOR in CS6. How does if compare to C1 pro software?
Is there anybody who has experience with the combo C1 Pro and P25+? in respect to COLOR?
Also I see that the histogram on the P25+ back is not as it is in CS6. There is a 1-2 stops difference. A good histogram on the back is 1-2 stops underexposed in CS6.
Any advise on this?

with kind regards,

Peter
I have experience with both (same DB). Colour wise it much comes down to taste, I prefer working in Adobe CC since I make a lot of use of Nik Color Efex. On the histogram part, it is indeed true that if you open de file in Adobe you wonder where you went wrong while exposing, having such huge headroom being able to push the slider to the right (which essentially is okay as far as I am concerned)

P Wonder

I have experience with both (same DB). Colour wise it much comes down to taste, I prefer working in Adobe CC since I make a lot of use of Nik Color Efex. On the histogram part, it is indeed true that if you open de file in Adobe you wonder where you went wrong while exposing, having such huge headroom being able to push the slider to the right (which essentially is okay as far as I am concerned)
Thanks, good to know the histogram-difference occurs not only with me.
I am trying to decide if buying C1 is worth it. Theoretically IMO it should be the best RAW-converter for the P25+ because they are made by the same company. I like mostly real colors without filters or enhanching the color.

Steve Hendrix

Thanks, good to know the histogram-difference occurs not only with me.
I am trying to decide if buying C1 is worth it. Theoretically IMO it should be the best RAW-converter for the P25+ because they are made by the same company. I like mostly real colors without filters or enhanching the color.

P Winder -

You don't have to buy it.

You can download Capture One and install it as "Capture One DB", which is free for use with your P25+.

Happy Days!

Steve Hendrix/CI

P Wonder

P Winder -

You don't have to buy it.

You can download Capture One and install it as "Capture One DB", which is free for use with your P25+.

Happy Days!

Steve Hendrix/CI
Very good tip, thank you. I will try the DB-version. I expect good color from C1.
I will try to upload some photos but the attachment function puzzles me.

with regards,
P Wonder

bensonga

Time to bring fat pixels back to the top of the MF forum again. :)

Gary

Leaf Aptus II 5, Phase One DF, AF 80mm f2.8 D lens

dave.gt

Well, you guys certainly caught my attention with this older thread. Since I am new to MFD, and waiting for delivery of my H5D-50c, I had no idea that an older H body could be a backup camera to my primary camera.

I see some very (VERY) good work posted here, so any recommendations on a backup rig would be greatly appreciated... especially if the price is low!:)