The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

fat pixel digital backs

MartinN

We have Mother's Day here in Finland on Sunday so something special must be done ...

A small trip with occasional snapshooting

And the catch

Not by rod, but by opening the purse.

P20, Mamiya 80 f4

nathantw

Hasselblad 553ELX, 120mm f/4 CF, Phase One P25

Sorry, folks. I don't know why the photo wasn't showing. I found that even after re-linking the picture from flickr it still only showed on my computer screen but not the phone. Thanks for letting me know.

So, about the photo. These flowers were really, really small. In fact, the magnification is 1:1 meaning that it's life-size on the negative (sensor). I waited quite a long while hoping that a bee would come around and land near the flower. I felt like I was fishing because there were so many bees landing everywhere but the flower I was aiming the camera. When I finally gave up and put the photos on the computer I saw tiny little eyes looking around. Yup, on the end of the stigma is an even tinier bug.

If you go to the flickr site I uploaded the full size photo, which I normally never do, but I felt bad that the photo didn't show up.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/nathantw/49881725656/in/dateposted-public/

nathantw

Only 120mm Macro lens ? What could be the magnification ? Do you remember the f-stop ?
Amazing depth of field. Handheld ? Crop ? Strobe ?
Sorry for the delay. I just saw this message. Yes. The 120mm macro lens. I’m not really sure but it probably has the 56mm and 32mm extension tubes for 1:1 magnification. I used my Hasselblad dedicated Sunpak 422D though it was set on manual. Not sure about the aperture but could be either f/5.6 or f/8.

bensonga

After so many years of sharing underwhelming images, this one won't surprise anyone.

For some reason, I had the urge to pull my Aptus II 5 kit out of storage yesterday. It took awhile to find it and the battery charger. It has been more than a year since I last tripped the shutter. Old technology, but like other fat pixel backs, it is still capable of producing some nice quality images. This camera deserves to be in the hands of a more capable photographer, but until then....

Gary

Mr. Frog (again), Aptus II 5, Phase One Df, P1 80mm f2.8D lens, ISO 100, 1/290th at f4

Last edited:

nameBrandon

After so many years of sharing underwhelming images, this one won't surprise anyone.

For some reason, I had the urge to pull my Aptus II 5 kit out of storage yesterday. It took awhile to find it and the battery charger. It has been more than a year since I last tripped the shutter. Old technology, but like other fat pixel backs, it is still capable of producing some nice quality images. This camera deserves to be in the hands of a more capable photographer, but until then....

Gary

Mr. Frog (again), Aptus II 5, Phase One Df, P1 80mm f2.8D lens, ISO 100, 1/290th at f4
Looks great to me!