Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 27 of 27

Thread: What da u'all think of my new paint job?

  1. #1
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    What da u'all think of my new paint job?


  2. #2
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    carstenw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    2,530
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What da u'all think of my new paint job?

    Awesome! Did you really do that, or is it Photoshop? Now why doesn't Hasselblad do that? What about a touch of chrome?
    Carsten - Website

  3. #3
    Administrator Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Prescott, Arizona
    Posts
    4,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    367

    Re: What da u'all think of my new paint job?

    Now that looks like the user should be wearing black leather or maybe neoprene
    -bob

  4. #4
    Sr. Administrator Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Altos, CA
    Posts
    10,486
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1031

    Re: What da u'all think of my new paint job?

    Cool Marc, looks like a Mamiya now! Seriously, it does look great --- LOTS better than gray.
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

    "Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

  5. #5
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: What da u'all think of my new paint job?

    It'd the Prada Edition ... your's for only $50K.

  6. #6
    Subscriber Member tashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South of England
    Posts
    3,295
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What da u'all think of my new paint job?

    I am loving it... can you make them to order like Luigi?

  7. #7
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: What da u'all think of my new paint job?

    Quote Originally Posted by tashley View Post
    I am loving it... can you make them to order like Luigi?
    Sure, just wire the 50K to my account and well get crackin' on one for you.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    Posts
    2,077
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: What da u'all think of my new paint job?

    Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    Sure, just wire the 50K to my account and well get crackin' on one for you.
    When will Hassy discount this one by 50% or more LOL

    Woody

  9. #9
    Subscriber & Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,178
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    414

    Re: What da u'all think of my new paint job?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Now that looks like the user should be wearing black leather or maybe neoprene
    -bob
    . . . perhaps that attire is more appropriate for the models with this cool rig!!!

  10. #10
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: What da u'all think of my new paint job?

    BTW, it deflects all radar ... except that of spousal units who can detect a new piece of gear in a nano second.

  11. #11
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    carstenw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    2,530
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What da u'all think of my new paint job?

    "But honey, I only painted it! The old colour was number 22 and the new colour is number 50..."
    Carsten - Website

  12. #12
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: What da u'all think of my new paint job?

    Quote Originally Posted by carstenw View Post
    "But honey, I only painted it! The old colour was number 22 and the new colour is number 50..."
    LOL! ".... and Honey, in a few months there's another new color called #60."

  13. #13
    Senior Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,306
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What da u'all think of my new paint job?

    That camera really should have been black to start with!

  14. #14
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,274
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7

    Re: What da u'all think of my new paint job?



    Nice painting! You may have missed your calling! Looks a lot like the Fuji branded H body, the Fuji GX645.

    Fuji makes all of Hasselblad's H stuff.

    Doug Peterson, Head of Technical Services
    Capture Integration, Phase One & Canon Dealer | Personal Portfolio

  15. #15
    tetsrfun
    Guest

    Re: What da u'all think of my new paint job?

    "Fuji makes all of Hasselblad's H stuff."
    *******
    I don't think that is an accurate statement. I recently read a explanation of what was made where and I can't find the link. But it was something like the bodies are made in Sweden, the lens glass and barrels are made in Japan and the shutters are made in Sweden. The backs are made in Denmark, etc.

    Steve

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    California/Thailand
    Posts
    1,206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What da u'all think of my new paint job?

    Quote Originally Posted by tetsrfun View Post
    "Fuji makes all of Hasselblad's H stuff."
    *******
    I don't think that is an accurate statement. I recently read a explanation of what was made where and I can't find the link. But it was something like the bodies are made in Sweden, the lens glass and barrels are made in Japan and the shutters are made in Sweden. The backs are made in Denmark, etc.

    Steve
    Here ya go: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showpo...2&postcount=10

  17. #17
    tetsrfun
    Guest

    Re: What da u'all think of my new paint job?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Allyn View Post
    *********
    Thanks.... that is the one I was looking for.

    Steve

  18. #18
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,274
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7

    Re: What da u'all think of my new paint job?

    Hey yeah. My apologies. Sometimes when I go to make a quick reply I forget that it will be read here as more significant that it might have been intended. You're of course right, and my statement was indeed misleading.

    I only meant to preemptively answer the question "why is there a fuji-branded H body?" I wasn't trying to make any commentary on Fuji nor on Hasselblad.

    Doug Peterson, Head of Technical Services
    Capture Integration, Phase One & Canon Dealer | Personal Portfolio

  19. #19
    Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    23,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2555

    Re: What da u'all think of my new paint job?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Allyn View Post
    Dale your getting faster than me. LOL
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

    www.guymancusophotography.com

  20. #20
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: What da u'all think of my new paint job?




    Hey Doug, is it true that the Phmamiya is made in a remote village in India?



  21. #21
    carbonmetrictree
    Guest

    Re: What da u'all think of my new paint job?

    LOL, these all look better than the real cameras.

    And to think that they ACTUALLY pay people to design this stuff.
    They should just let us loose on their prototypes, we would be so much happier

  22. #22
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,274
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7

    Re: What da u'all think of my new paint job?

    Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post



    Hey Doug, is it true that the Phmamiya is made in a remote village in India?


    Didn't you hear about the fighting in Mumbai? Some Hasselblad guys tried to break into the Phase One assembly plant and you know what happened next. Soon enough there were hotel bombings and hostages and the crazies demanding to know where the 45-90mm Mamiya lens was. Fortunately the police promised that the H3 would be opened to 3rd party backs if they would surrender. That's the underlying reason why the leaf shutter lenses have been delayed.

    Seriously though I didn't mean anything by my comments. You all know I have a great deal of respect for Hasselblad and have always agreed that they make top-notch products. Wherever/whoever/however the H system is made it's a great product. There are things it does better than the Mamiya body and things the Mamiya body does better than it.

    Now if they would just stop blocking us from putting our backs on it...

    Doug Peterson, Head of Technical Services
    Capture Integration, Phase One & Canon Dealer | Personal Portfolio

  23. #23
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: What da u'all think of my new paint job?

    Quote Originally Posted by dougpetersonci View Post
    Didn't you hear about the fighting in Mumbai? Some Hasselblad guys tried to break into the Phase One assembly plant and you know what happened next. Soon enough there were hotel bombings and hostages and the crazies demanding to know where the 45-90mm Mamiya lens was. Fortunately the police promised that the H3 would be opened to 3rd party backs if they would surrender. That's the underlying reason why the leaf shutter lenses have been delayed.

    Seriously though I didn't mean anything by my comments. You all know I have a great deal of respect for Hasselblad and have always agreed that they make top-notch products. Wherever/whoever/however the H system is made it's a great product. There are things it does better than the Mamiya body and things the Mamiya body does better than it.

    Now if they would just stop blocking us from putting our backs on it...

    Doug Peterson, Head of Technical Services
    Capture Integration, Phase One & Canon Dealer | Personal Portfolio
    Hee, hee, hee.

    Hey, when will you guys crack the firmware code for my H2F so I have the choice of a Hassey, Sinar or Phase back on it. Hasselblad's tech guys can't be smarter than your guys.

  24. #24
    Senior Member irakly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    394
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    26

    Re: What da u'all think of my new paint job?

    wow, lovely. can you cover my contax 645 in leopard print?

  25. #25
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What da u'all think of my new paint job?

    Frank, so are you going to paint the Xpan? Or do you still want me to do it?

  26. #26
    park
    Guest

    Re: What da u'all think of my new paint job?

    I actually flew with my girlfriend to Japan to buy my entire H system. We stayed in a 4 star hotel and ate out alot and still came home with more money (after flight costs) if I had of gone to my local dealer.

    That said interest rates wouldn't make this possible this year !

  27. #27
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    carstenw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    2,530
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What da u'all think of my new paint job?

    Quote Originally Posted by park View Post
    I actually flew with my girlfriend to Japan to buy my entire H system. We stayed in a 4 star hotel and ate out alot and still came home with more money (after flight costs) if I had of gone to my local dealer.

    That said interest rates wouldn't make this possible this year !
    Pictures!
    Carsten - Website

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •