The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One IQ260, IQ280, and Achromatic - 11 Things to Know

What about museum quality print of Sandra wearing CI in Carmel T-Shirt?

Well, I would expect that those that spent their Valentine's Day Weekend with Dave Gallagher get a great deal----and a little more love.

:ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

Sorry, I couldn't avoid the CI in Carmel humor! How about, buy the new IQ2 MFDB from Dave, and get the CI in Carmel t-shirt for free! :ROTFL:

Hi, is there any information about the handling of the investment protection plan when a IQ 180 was bought within the last year and an upgrade to IQ 280 is planned ?

Wolfgang

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
What about museum quality print of Sandra wearing CI in Carmel T-Shirt?
I think 'wearing' is a relative term. :)

Btw, iso140 base plus 1hrs on the iq260 sounds like a winner for travel to me. Is there a low ISO option too to avoid NDs for us longer exposure folks?

Time to scare myself with the upgrade/cross-grade options for my MFDB menagerie.

mmbma

Go for the 80MP or the long exposure? Which would be the better selling feature? I think a lot of people will go for the IQ180 if they want the pixel count, since theses are essentially the same sensor. But the IQ260 sounds like a true innovation for people with a hard need.

Which back do you think will maintain their resale value more? ( i know it's still a long way off, but never too early to plan for investment)

jlm

Workshop Member
i think all the data is not in, but is the base iso of the IQ260 35iso?
coupled with a 1hr max exposure?

archivue

i won't go with the IQ280 with a technical camera...

if i was shooting fashion with a DF, i will opt for it...

just a question of needs...

none of them is good in term of resale value... you buy it if you can, and you earn money with it... that's it !

archivue

in one hand you have 12 D800
in the other one, only an IQ2
anyway you just need one camera !

that's a shame that i have only two kidneys left ;-)

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
But is the base iso of the IQ260 35iso? coupled with a 1hr max exposure?
Base ISO of the IQ260:
- full resolution, normal mode: ISO 50
- sensor+ resolution: ISO 200
- full resolution, long-exposure mode: ISO140

So the 1 hour spec is for ISO140. Pretty impressive compared to a 1 hour spec for the P45+ which is at ISO50.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
I think 'wearing' is a relative term. :)

Btw, iso140 base plus 1hrs on the iq260 sounds like a winner for travel to me. Is there a low ISO option too to avoid NDs for us longer exposure folks?
In normal mode you can get ISO50 for 1-2 minutes (final data on that still coming in). But if you want to do beyond 2 minutes you need to turn on long exposure mode which means raising the base ISO to 140.

mmbma

Just put in my order for the 280. I know that 260 will be hot in demand but the trade in deal makes Iq280 a better deal if you already own a P65+, a lot better

engel001

Thanks for both the humorous and the serious response regarding the accelerometer. A small automatically deployed airbag may not be a bad idea to protect the back from tripod accidents - see recent video posted here a week ago.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Image Quality : 16 bit-Opticolor, 12.5 f-stops, Lens+ technology

Lens+ technology ?
Marketing speak for "we have high quality lens profiles built in to Capture One and Lightroom for automatic correction of distortion, chromatic abberation, blooming, etc".