The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Experience with CF 39 or 50 back on Rollei hy6?

mmbma

Does anyone has any experience using a CF 39 or 50 back on a Rolleiflex/Leaf/Sinar hy6? How is the quality? I have a Hassey V so a CF back could kill two birds with one stone if it works out.

DeckardTrinity

I don't believe either of these backs is compatible with the Hy6. However, if you are looking to kill two birds with one stone (assuming those birds are film and digital), the Hy6 would be right up your alley. :thumbup:

I've kept my 501CM for sentimental reasons, but day to day exclusively use the Hy6 for any film or digital project where I want absolute quality, and/or need the autofocus capability. I picked up a Credo 80 late last year, and together with the Rollei 6060 film back for the Hy6, couldn't be happier with the flexibility.

mmbma

CF backs can be used on all the medium format cameras through the Ixpress i adapters. So yes, one back could be used on both Rollei and Hassey (H, Mamiya, contax, etc)

Steve Hendrix

CF backs can be used on all the medium format cameras through the Ixpress i adapters. So yes, one back could be used on both Rollei and Hassey (H, Mamiya, contax, etc)

Half true - the Hasselblad CF backs can be used on Rollei 6008, but not on Rollei Hy6. So, not all the medium format cameras, just most of em'.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration

mmbma

Steve. Thanks! That's the answer I was looking for. It'll be great if the IQ backs come in HY6 mounts!!