The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Compact NON-rangefinder or atleast AF 645 Film Camera

MB100

I'm thinking about getting a Fujifilm GA645zi like this one Fujifilm GA645ZI Medium Format Rangefinder Film Camera Black Hood 902520175311 | eBay because I want a compact 645 camera to carry around, preferably something with AF, but most importantly not a rangefinder, I have a 645AFD, and a 503CW but I want something more compact and simple to use but with good controls, I'm not sure if the GA645 meets all of these requirements, but thoughts with this camera, or other cameras to look at would be much appreciated.

craigosh

Fuji are the only people who created an AF 645 'compact' camera range.
The GA645, GA645w and the GA645zi. All are great little compact 645 cameras. All have manual modes. They are all rangefinder styled so I assume you mean you don't want a MF rangefinder?

I've got a ga645zi and the lens is great, the other two also have fab lenses, but are fixed focal length. I prefer the build on the ZI as it has more metal to the body and is in a way slightly more compact due to the flash placement.

AF is a little slow, but the meters are ace, flash exposures are good. Slight bit of shutter delay.

The other thing to remember with them is that the frame is in portrait orientation when the camera is level as normal. Have to turn it 90deg to get landscape!

MB100

Yes, I meant non-manual focus rangefinders, and thank you for the advice sounds like it might be worth getting to just to fool around with. were they all autofocus or only the ZI?

craigosh

Yeah all auto focus. The GS645 series are the manual focus, and older versions.

You might find a champagne colored one a bit cheaper. But the black one does look really cool. I use my zi as a carry round compact camera lol.