The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone in NYC who also shoots 4x5 want to particpate?

A few of us are doing an informal comparison of digital capture to 4x5, looking at final prints.

Brian Miller, over at the LF photography forum, has sent me a pile of 4x5 film to shoot. I'd like to share.

He's paying for film and processing; someone else is providing drum scans and printing, probably at 20" wide and at 40" wide.

I'm going to duplicate the same shot with 4x5 and with a d800. Anyone here want to do the same, with a medium format back?

Only a handful of images will actually be printed. The others will be available for viewing on screen. You keep all your rights, of course.

The person who's doing the scanning and printing won't be able to do it til next month. I have the film now. So, at your leisure.