The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

No love for the IQ280 ?

shridere

Unless there is some info out there that I am not aware of I would not hold my breath any time soon for a MF CMOS sensor. It would be hard to justify the cost of development of a large CMOS sensor relative to the user base. See Teledyne Dalsa white papers at:

CCD vs. CMOS - Teledyne DALSA Inc

Also see CCD and CMOS chart at url below and you will see all Dalsa high pixel density sensors are CCD

Sensors - Teledyne DALSA

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
As for pricing, Phase One US made a big mistake in their pricing on this product. It was as frustrating for the dealers as it was for our customers. Some customers were lucky and took advantage of these mistakes in the first week of the offer. We have never seen pricing change in the first 7 days of a release and we hope that we don't again. I am all for transparency and integrity in this marketplace. Pricing should be available and open. We will work hard to keep this as open as possible in the future.

Dave Gallagher (e-mail Me)

President, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year

Mamiya Leaf, Leica, Hasselblad, Arca Swiss, Cambo, Profoto, LaCie, Canon, TTI, Broncolor & More

National: 877.217.9870 | Cell: 404.522.7662
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 7 at 10% off
:wtf: Now I want to know what I missed because $14k crossgrade from an IQ160 isn't going to cut it for quite a while for me. However, a more realistic upgrade price from another back might prise open the piggy bank if it were better 'value'.

My $0.02.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
:wtf: Now I want to know what I missed because $14k crossgrade from an IQ160 isn't going to cut it for quite a while for me. However, a more realistic upgrade price from another back might prise open the piggy bank if it were better 'value'.

My $0.02.
Agree would someone PLEASE whisper what that is in my ear.

kdphotography

The rule is, once it gets tucked into the thong, there's no refunds... :eek:

There's gotta be a better way to upgrade to the IQ2.... :ROTFL:

narikin

Unless there is some info out there that I am not aware of I would not hold my breath any time soon for a MF CMOS sensor. It would be hard to justify the cost of development of a large CMOS sensor relative to the user base.
Did you miss the press release about Hasselblad and Sony collaboration? Everyone got so hung up on the horrible Lunar camera, that they missed the bigger potential of that relationship - a CMOS MF sensor for Hasselblad from Sony. Duh. And Sony is near enough the class leader in CMOS, it makes the D800/E sensor, the RX1 sensor, the M(240) sensor, etc. all cutting edge. (Canon seem to have given up on still photography)

When that happens -when, not if- and we have clean 1600/3200asa files from MF, I'll be dropping Phase One CCD backs immediately. If I was Phase, I would have been scrambling as soon as I heard the Sony tie in with their main competitor, and dropped all other development, except moving to CMOS or Foveon type sensors.

Meanwhile this marketing of an 'IQ280' is really best viewed as an IQ180+. It such a small change it won't be worth it for 95% of existing owners.

You guys are crazy! I still love my p65+.
You guys should look at the fat pixel thread and stop worrying so much about the back, when looking at my p25+ files, I see that lenses, lighting, knowhow, technical camera instead of DF, do WAY more than a newer back could ever do. 1600/3200 iso? What? Why do you need this on medium format? High iso and medium format are just opposites. We choose medium format for the clean images, no matter how high the iso can go, it will never be the same as an image at 50 or say 35 iso.

Been seeing lots of people with crazy digital backs, OK lenses, and poor lighting equipment. I just don't get it personally.

I guess I'm lost in this. I will just wait for the IQ380 (or maybe IQ400 = 100 megapixels obviously- or maybe it will be the IQ4) get more familiar with my Alpa and learn better lighting in the meantime ;)

You can't always have the best when it comes to technology - there will always be something newer within a year or so. Glass on the other hand...