The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Upgrade for P65+ to IQ260

Paul2660

That is disappointing as a 160 owner. Says a used p65+ is worth just 5500 less than a used 160. I guess it says volumes about the real value of a 160. As I was concerned, residual values have already started to fall.

This explains why this price, P65+ to IQ260 was "set by dealer not published" on day of announce.

Wasn't Phase back in January offering a used P65+ for around 19K? I may be wrong on that as I didn't pay that close attention.

Just find it surprising that the used values are so close, around 5K difference and I would assume a P65+ being considered for trade in would be in the 20K+ actuation range.

Paul Caldwell

Last edited:

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
what is the cost to upgrade from a P65+ to an IQ260?
I strongly suggest you contact your dealer to get a quote. Price is not always the same country to country and the price quoted in this thread does not match US pricing as far as I'm aware (I don't keep close track of sales issues so I could be mistaken).

gazwas

That is disappointing as a 160 owner. Says a used p65+ is worth just 5500 less than a used 160. I guess it says volumes about the real value of a 160. As I was concerned, residual values have already started to fall.

This explains why this price, P65+ to IQ260 was "set by dealer not published" on day of announce.

Wasn't Phase back in January offering a used P65+ for around 19K? I may be wrong on that as I didn't pay that close attention.

Just find it surprising that the used values are so close, around 5K difference and I would assume a P65+ being considered for trade in would be in the 20K+ actuation range.

Paul Caldwell
Paul, those who purchased their P65+ backs new when it was Phase One's flagship product would have paid the same as an IQ280 today. The IQ160 may have had the new chassis but it shared the same CCD and cost quite a few thousand less to purchase new.

This is a manufactures upgrade program and not their open market value so what you saw a P65+ selling for in January should have no bearing on the upgrade value of someone who paid fully for their P65+. When considering the original price regardless of generation of technology, the IQ160 user got a much, much better deal IMO.