The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

P30+ vs H4D 31

M

MrMoo

hey up everyone
I am going through a long process of choosing a digital medium format set up according to my scarce budget. I have managed to whittle it down to three options

1) Mamiya 645AFD and P30+ (I already own a MAFD with film back and I like the sensor plus option on the P30+)

2) Hassy H1 and P30+ (I found a bundle at a decent price but quite high shutter count, I'd sell my MAFD)

3) Hassy H4D 31 bundle (slightly more expensive but better actuation count)

I have used the Hassy H cameras on several occasions and I prefer it to the MAFD system and I am leaning towards the H4D bundle.
What is it like at higher ISO values.... i.e. ISO400?
what are your thoughts?
Many thanks
G

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
I already own a MAFD with film back and I like the sensor plus option on the P30+)
P30+ does not have sensor plus. The P40+, P65+ and all IQ and IQ2 backs do.

ISO400 on a P30+ when processed in Capture One v7 is very high in quality.

M

MrMoo

Cool. And what about in terms of shutter count? What are the issues of buying some kit with higher shutter count?
I've always thought it makes little difference as long as the kit is kept properly.... Discuss