Site Sponsors

Thread: Opinions of Rodenstock Apo Sironar Digital 105mm f5.6

J. D. F. L.

Opinions of Rodenstock Apo Sironar Digital 105mm f5.6

Hi all,

I'm interested in buying a lens for my Sinar P2 / P45+ couple, and i'm wondering if someone had some opinions about this rodenstock lens for product photography.

Thanks guys !

Julien

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Opinions of Rodenstock Apo Sironar Digital 105mm f5.6

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. F. L. View Post
    Hi all,

I'm interested in buying a lens for my Sinar P2 / P45+ couple, and i'm wondering if someone had some opinions about this rodenstock lens for product photography.

Thanks guys !

Julien
    I have owned this lens for years though it hasn't been used with an MFDB but rather my Betterlight scan back on a Cambo Ultima as well as my Nikons with the 35 mm DSLR conversion kit on the Ultima. In a word these lenses are great so long as you know how to get the most from them. By that I mean they are optimized for F8-F11 and once you get to F16 you might as well have used an excellent conventional LF film based lens such as the Rody APO 135 Sironar S one of the sharpest film lenses ever made IMHO. The newer HR lenses are optimized from wide open (usually F5.6) to F11 and everything else being equal most likely perform better than the standard APO digital lenses but this comes at a very steep price. The 105 has a larger image circle than the shorter focal length lenses within the lineup which can be beneficial.

Hope this helps.