The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase one p30

H

Hal2000

Have bought a used p30 back on in exposing the camera is set to ISO one hundred, I have iso 50 on the light meter. to obtain the histogram of the middle gråkortet. grateful for answers. If à take the lightmeter om iso 100 i must put upp exponering about 1.15 i rawkonverting Torsås have fight exponering

Shashin

Phase One is really trying to limit their products and so it is well worth using Capture One--they really don't want Adobe to support their products. Capture One DB is free if you have a Phase back.

Comparing a light meter to a sensor is a little tricky. Partly because ISO is different. You may have to set the light meter ISO to a different value, but it should be consistent.

I think you are using translation software and your post is difficult to understand. You could post in your native language and there may be a member that can read it.

H

Hal2000

Phase One is really trying to limit their products and so it is well worth using Capture One--they really don't want Adobe to support their products. Capture One DB is free if you have a Phase back.

Comparing a light meter to a sensor is a little tricky. Partly because ISO is different. You may have to set the light meter ISO to a different value, but it should be consistent.

I think you are using translation software and your post is difficult to understand. You could post in your native language and there may be a member that can read it.
Hej skriver på svenska nu. Om jag plåtar med kameran mot ett gråkort så ska ju det bli ett streck mitten histogrammet för att uppnå detta, omöjlig jämför med min d800 så får jag gå ner från bländare 8 till typ 5.6 eller ställa om iso på min ljusmätare till iso40 då blir det exakt mitten på histogrammet. Allt annat verkar funka wb fina bilder om jag kör enligt iso 40 på ljusmätaren och lägsta iso dvs 100 på phase one. Har kollat allt på Mamiya 645afd 2 verkar okej. Testade även bakstycket på min Afd vart samma sak. Kan det vara fel på bakstycket

Mvh micke

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
This is absolutely untrue. In fact the opposite is the case. Phase One makes their raw files, the specification for their format (which is very straight forward) available to anyone who wants it. As a consequence Adobe supports nearly all Phase One backs.

How much effort they make to optimize performance, especially on legacy backs, is a different question. It's not realistic to expect them to put as much fine tuning in as in Capture One. For both business reasons (they sell more backs when they make those backs sing) and personal/practical reasons (the development staff for the backs and software work, eat, and drink together) the guys at Capture One put far more time in to make each Phase One digital back look great in C1 than Adobe does for Adobe Camera Raw.

Shashin

Doug, my p25+ images look like poop in ACR. Not even just good. Every other file from a host of other cameras look much better in ACR. Someone must be putting in the effort to get everyone else's files working in ACR. And Phase makes more money with C1 and so they care. So, what I said is actually true. Phase is limiting their product to C1 and does not want competition. C1 is not a general processing application and is used for business purposes. I am sure Adobe would like some of Phase's business.

H

Hal2000

Thanks Doug i have fix the problem capture one everything larvigt now. Tanks