The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I hate you guys

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Dante lit another one up.LOL

In the tradition of the MF GetDPI folks let me be the first to just say your ****ed now. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

I'm pretty blunt so please laugh. Good luck and that SWA is one sexy hottie of metal and wood.

Okay let's see some bloody images. Lol

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
You don't need no stinking car to make photographs.

A dumpy little house can be thought of as a nice camera option ... someplace to store the stuff.

Family and kids are over rated. All they do is suck up your gear money and shooting time, are ungrateful, then later move back in to your dumpy little house with a pregnant wife, and it starts all over again. Kids are like fly paper, you can't get them off your hands.

;)
Damn we may have to quote that and post somewhere. That was good. Lol

PeterL

Congratulations Daniel, welcome in the club. I've seen and enjoyed many of your Leica images. I'm sure the new "toy" will serve you well.

Cheers, -Peter

rga

I just spent more than my first car (which I bought new) buying an Alpa and P45.

You should all take a long hard look at yourselves leaving young single-income me in the poor-house.

:chug:
Have some children. Once they grow up a bit, you can sell their parts for new gear...

Congrats!

fotografz

Buying a P45+ Myself with my own money at 20 did the same to me! I was eating Ramen for months:ROTFL:
Meh, you whipper-snappers have it easy these days.

Why, back when I went to art school I'd play poker in the student lounge with my measly lunch money ... and either eat and have that tube of paint I needed, or have nothing to eat or to paint with.

True story :)

-Marc

Godfrey

Meh, you whipper-snappers have it easy these days.

Why, back when I went to art school I'd play poker in the student lounge with my measly lunch money ... and either eat and have that tube of paint I needed, or have nothing to eat or to paint with.

True story :)

-Marc
LOL

I remember getting my meals by taking a work-study job as a short order cook in the cafeteria, and visiting the local bars' happy hours, one after another. That left my weekly paycheck for film and chemistry... :)

G

OliverM

I am extremely happy with the Swa. I don't miss the TC and don't find much difference carrying one or the other, they fit in the same bag (i will take a picture of the swa in its small delsey toppix 260 bag, quite the opposite from Dan's mobile warehouse;-)). Rise of the swa open new possibilities. I am surprised by the quality of handheld files, 1/30 is often good even with the p65. Also it is easy to rise handheld.
For negative rise, I tried to hold the camera upside down, that was funny but no success.
Only point I would change is the synch cable of the Phase back, that is too long for the swa and that doesn't goes vertically but backwards (less convenient to wear around the neck).
Congratulations for your new camera !
Otherwise, I love this forum which showed me the existence of this camera.
Perhaps my wife hates you ;-)

richardman

Dan, your gain is MY GAIN :) I love the 110 SS XL. I did a test run against the 90mm/8 Nikkor and to be honest, for the stuff I do on the 4x5, that's no practical difference, but now that frees up the 90 for other purpose.

3 week wait! thats rough! I always try and do overnight just to not deal with this kind of pain ;)

Thanks :) how are your kidneys Guy? Let me know if you're interested in a spare, for the right price.

I am itching to shoot with it, probably 3 week wait until it arrives at the doorstep :)

F

FASTPIC

Congratulation on your first Alpa. Hopefully it will be a great experience for you. I also was not sure which model to get but in the end I went with the SWA for handheld with my lens shifted up. I also reverse my lens and digital back to use it like a STC for stitching.

danlindberg

Most interesting!

Are you using V adaptor meant for a DB to use with a Hasselblad filmback? Or is there a specific Hassy filmback adaptor?

Congratulation on your first Alpa. Hopefully it will be a great experience for you. I also was not sure which model to get but in the end I went with the SWA for handheld with my lens shifted up. I also reverse my lens and digital back to use it like a STC for stitching.

F

FASTPIC

Dan,
I use just the regular Hasselblad V adapter for my Hasselblad A12 film back. This is not the most convenient way to use the film magazine, but the ALPA camera allows me to use such super-wide angle lens on the full square A12 film back that my Hasselblad is limited by itself. It is the looks that I go after and this combo works for me despite the fact that such lens is considered to have small image circle and incapable of covering just a nearly full frame 645 digital sensor. For me in birth, life seeks way to live that we cannot confine to boundary.

Best Regards,