The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phamiya with Metz CL-4

Paul2660

Quantum makes a Q-TTL adapter for Mamiya that works with their
high end flash the name I can't remember right now.

Paul Caldwell
photosofarkansas.com

tashley

Subscriber Member
Paul, I found it:

D25 - Mamiya 645 AF
for Mamiya 645AF, 645AFD, 645 AFD II

That is genuinely useful and it looks as if this is the way to go for greater flexibility in future!

Really big thanks,

Tim

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Not being able to take TTL flash off camera is ridiculous, and for a camera as popular as the M645 it's even more ridiculous.
Uh guys, I *CAN* and *DO* do off camera TTL with my Metz!

I use the SCA 3008 A cable: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/238200-REG/Metz_MZ_53008_SCA_3008_A_Off_Camera.html. This cable goes between the 3952 foot and the 54MZ3 unit, so the foot stays on camera. The flash sits on the other end of the cable sans any foot, which is in turn mounted to the top of a Stroboframe flip bracket, so the cord always stays with the bracket. I then have an RRS clamp on the Strobo flip for mounting directly to my RRS L-bracket, so everything assembles in flash (ha!)

A few FWIW's:

1) This cable also keeps an "Auto" sensor at camera level for superior Auto mode flash in off-camera situations. Probably one of the reasons it is as expensive as it is.

2) I did a ton of research before going this route and there are NO other cables I could find that would maintain the Mamiya pin pattern. Best I can tell is it is a "reverse" Minolta configuration. So I guess one might be able to cobble a Minolta cable's ends so they could be inserted backwards onto the respective camera and flash units.