Site Sponsors

Thread: DF autofocus whacked

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

DF autofocus whacked

So it seems my DF autofocus basically just "hunts". Sometimes it will stop, but most of the time, it just focuses till it's sharp, then suddenly starts the process over. With the 240, it means going all the way to something close and then back.

I assume the body has an issue, but wondering if this was something anyone experienced and involves something simple like cleaning something, or if its a factory fix.
    wayne
    My gallery

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DF autofocus whacked

I know the DF+ had a recent firmware update that addressed autofocus on the LS240---I can't recall if there was similar for the DF body. In the short period that I played with LS240, it seemed to work fine on my DF.

ken

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Wayne, sounds like AF sensor alignment, it has to be VERY accurate and if it goes out slightly the camera will endlessly hunt. The issue might be exasperated with longer lenses, I don't know.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Wayne, I've been using the 240LS with the DF for several months now. No problems at all - does hunt very occasionally but it's subject (low contrast) related. I think you have a DF problem as Daniel suggests.