The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

smashed screen on my LEAF 65

Alex Matiash

Sorry for resurrecting old thread, but I have a question to you guys who got their hands inside aptus. I have Aptus 22 (as far as I know it is quite similar to Aptus 65\75), and it has one major problem (I don't know - is it my sample's problem, or it is just old leafs flaw) - screen is very "blind", and it is impossible to see anything under the sun. So my question is - what type of illumination it has, CCFL or LED, and is it built in inside screen assembly, or can be replaced? I know examples of replacing CCFL with LED on very old back, and the change of visibility under the sun is amazing.

steve_cor

You can find a data sheet for it by googling SHARP LQ036Q1DA01. The data sheet is from 2004. The data sheet only says it has a back lit TFT-LCD Module. It doesn't say what kind of light was used but we know bright LED's were not available yet. Anyway, the back light is built into the screen module.

Take note that the best viewing angle is from the bottom (6:00). So tilt the camera lens down and look up at the screen.

--Steve.

kdphotography

It's actually a collapsible lens hood. I'm sure it has its origins with my Asian cousins. Very inexpensive. I re-purposed it, cut to fit the MFDB, and presto. This is what happens when you have too much time on your hands :loco:

Boinger

It's actually a collapsible lens hood. I'm sure it has its origins with my Asian cousins. Very inexpensive. I re-purposed it, cut to fit the MFDB, and presto. This is what happens when you have too much time on your hands :loco:
Let me know if it helps in the daytime? I purchased a hoodman loupe for like $90 but it seems expensive for what I use it for. Doesn't even magnify.

photomassimo

I know is an old post but i was wondering if anyone knows what kind of internal light is used by the leaf display. My screen is not cracked just doesn't work anymore so i was wondering if i can just replace the light or i need to change the whole display.
Thank you