The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

smashed screen on my LEAF 65

jvora

Sorry friend -

I do not have a solution, but share your pain and anxiety.

Wishing that it gets repaired as good as new.

Jai

shlomi

I believe it will cost you about $2500.

The price comes from the company and has nothing to do with the dealer.

Unfortunately the company does not allow you to bypass the dealer.

MikeHlop

2500??????
o-la-la...... expensive!
Only service, without any repair or replacements damaged my wallet for $1200. Anything extra - Leaf will charge you without slightest trace of doubt. That's one of reasons i decided to sell it and return to Hasselblad. To compare, service, plus IR filter replacement cost me only about $800 for Imacon back

torger

The dealer in my country is very very BAD
Seems to be a general Leaf problem... I've had the same experience, I got very wrong prices from the dealer in my country. Finding out prices for repair *should* be easy as there is some sort of standardised pricing from the factory, but it can be messed up by dealers anyway.

Unfortunately they don't allow you to bypass dealers, but for me they eventually allowed me to use a dealer abroad rather than the nearest. The service is not great there either (very sloooooow to deal with, hard to get answers to questions) but the pricing is fair.

I repaired it all himself.
My steps:
1. open Leaf back
2. Replace screen
I'm find new screen on ALIEXPRESS (180$) and new touchscreen on Ebay (35 EURO)
3.close Leaf back.

Now it runs completely in just 230$ :):):):):):):):):thumbs:

Pemihan

Great..
Could you post the name and part numbers of the parts in case anyone else might try this..

Peter

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I had a similar run around when I needed to replace my IR filter on my Leaf Aptus 65. In the US MAC Group insisted that this was a service dept only exercise and I forget the actual cost now but it was something like $1500 or so. Since I can undo 4 torx screws and replace the assembly myself (and have done in the past with my Kodak DCS 645 back - a standard feature in fact), I declined. My dealer eventually convinced MAC/Leaf to sell me the filter alone but it wasn't easy.

Pemihan

I had a small hair/fiber on the inside of the IR filter and simple undid the 4 torx screws and removeded the IR filter and gave it and the sensor a few puffs with my rocket blower and put the IR filter back on. Clean as new or maybe even cleaner.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I had a small hair/fiber on the inside of the IR filter and simple undid the 4 torx screws and removeded the IR filter and gave it and the sensor a few puffs with my rocket blower and put the IR filter back on. Clean as new or maybe even cleaner.
EXACTLY! :thumbs: I didn't see the fun in paying MAC group several $'00s to do it for me either.

Shashin

But that's why I thought you folks went with companies like Leaf, the service. What is the use if you don't use it?

xinchenc

Is it possible to replace the original screen with high-reslution one?

Xin

I repaired it all himself.
My steps:
1. open Leaf back
2. Replace screen
I'm find new screen on ALIEXPRESS (180$) and new touchscreen on Ebay (35 EURO)
3.close Leaf back.

Now it runs completely in just 230$ :):):):):):):):):thumbs:

EH21

Andrey,
Very impressive work! Not everyone is this brave or skilled! Good job and thank you for sharing!
Eric

erratic touch screen on Leaf Aptus 75

Hey Andrey,
good to see you how you managed the problem with the broken screen!
The touchscreen of my Aptus 75 behaves erratic and often activates a different button than the one I intended. I did recalibrations on and on but it didn´t help.
I think the touch screen has a problem. In internet discussions about other devices using a 3.5 inch touch screen like Tomtom car navigation I could read that there is often a very tiny bit of debris between the display the touch screen that causes the error.
Could you give me some advise how you opened you Leaf Aptus back in order to replace you screen?
Will I have to start with the three Phillips screws under the battery shown on the photo of my Aptus? Or will I have to work through my way from the other side, from the side of the camera mount, which would cause a bit of pain, to get the back out of adjustment?
Thank you Andrey, I hope you find the time to give me some hints.
Best,
Bernd

Sergyg

Hi everybudy!

The secret of removing the screen is so easy :salute:

From the side, which contain the battery, you see a three screws (than must be removed). But there is the forth, hidden screw, under the black sticky label. After his removing the screen become loosed.