Site Sponsors

Thread: Hasselblad H camera back on other systems?

Post Thanks / Like

Hasselblad H camera back on other systems?

I'm just wondering if it is possible to use the back of an H camera, say, H3D-39, on another system via the ixpress adapter? Or is the ixpress adapter limited to use on CF backs only?

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hasselblad H camera back on other systems?

Ixpress adapter is only for the CF backs, the H3D-39 has fixed H-mount as far as I know. The H3D-39 will require power from the camera body or some other power source, for example this:

http://www.silvestricamera.com/ita/c...g.asp?ID=7010K

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by thminhduc View Post
    I'm just wondering if it is possible to use the back of an H camera, say, H3D-39, on another system via the ixpress adapter? Or is the ixpress adapter limited to use on CF backs only?

Thank you.
    A H3D-39 digital back ("digital magazine") can only be used on the H3 body with which it was originally purchased, or additional H3D bodies purchased and paired/unlocked by Hasselblad to that specific digital back.

You could also use it on a technical camera or view camera, Mamiya RZ, or Fuji 680 with the appropriate adapter. Note that this will require a cable to the lens and an additional external source of battery power (FW cable or battery pack with FW connection).
    Doug Peterson , Digital Transitions | Email
    Dealer for: Phase One, Mamiya Leaf, Arca-Swiss, Cambo, Eizo, Profoto
    Office: 877.367.8537. Cell: 740.707.2183

Post Thanks / Like

Doug

That's very interesting... Not to take this thread too far off track, but could you elaborate on what it would take to fit a h3dii-31 (assuming same for -39) back onto an RZ67 Pro-II (non-D)? This is the best description I have seen for phase backs (HERE) but never considered the possibility of using the back from the h3dii-31 on an RZ.

thanks!
    Last edited by cgthanos; 3rd May 2013 at 06:35. Reason: clarity

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your replies. Is it because these backs are locked into the camera (or at least to the camera models), they have a lower price as used gears? I've seen some H3D-39 asking for under $10k before.