The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad H camera back on other systems?

thminhduc

I'm just wondering if it is possible to use the back of an H camera, say, H3D-39, on another system via the ixpress adapter? Or is the ixpress adapter limited to use on CF backs only?

Thank you.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
I'm just wondering if it is possible to use the back of an H camera, say, H3D-39, on another system via the ixpress adapter? Or is the ixpress adapter limited to use on CF backs only?

Thank you.
A H3D-39 digital back ("digital magazine") can only be used on the H3 body with which it was originally purchased, or additional H3D bodies purchased and paired/unlocked by Hasselblad to that specific digital back.

You could also use it on a technical camera or view camera, Mamiya RZ, or Fuji 680 with the appropriate adapter. Note that this will require a cable to the lens and an additional external source of battery power (FW cable or battery pack with FW connection).

cgthanos

Doug

That's very interesting... Not to take this thread too far off track, but could you elaborate on what it would take to fit a h3dii-31 (assuming same for -39) back onto an RZ67 Pro-II (non-D)? This is the best description I have seen for phase backs (HERE) but never considered the possibility of using the back from the h3dii-31 on an RZ.

thanks!

Last edited:

thminhduc

Thanks for your replies. Is it because these backs are locked into the camera (or at least to the camera models), they have a lower price as used gears? I've seen some H3D-39 asking for under $10k before.