The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One Hybrid

Sunchai

Swing and Tilt on the image plane on the base.
Horizontal and vertical shift on the Front standard.
Lens use: Has. V RB, RZ and Tech Cam lens the 90mm is the shortest as the thick of Phase body.

lenslover

Does this camera actually exist?

And if it does, who makes the pieces Mamiya doesn't?

More, we want to know more.

kdphotography

I'll place bets on the same folks who brought out the new Flex L-bracket. It's nice to see forward thinking and more options in a comparatively limited format.

:)

Sunchai

Does this camera actually exist?

And if it does, who makes the pieces Mamiya doesn't?

More, we want to know more.
It is the prototype which designed to fitting with P1 camera (mamiya) since 2010
It is the intension to increase the ability to P1 camera systems
As the camera body have built in the electronic shutter make it possible to be working with a variety of the existing lens and the swing and tilt with shifting will always useful and never die and It may use for many applications.
I have attached some of the image which capture by this system, (Has V.80 mm lens at f5.6)
Sunchai.

lenslover

Keep working, I use a Fuji GX680, but it is a much bigger camera than it needs to be for a 6x4.5 back. Still, the Fuji lenses are extraordinary.

Bill O'Connor

Sunchai

Keep working, I use a Fuji GX680, but it is a much bigger camera than it needs to be for a 6x4.5 back. Still, the Fuji lenses are extraordinary.

Bill O'Connor
Thanks Bill,
if you can share your opinion, "swing and tilt on the image plane"
I think many of photographers do like it very much.
But the question is.
Is it enough to have only swing and tilt on the image plane.
This way of working will modified to the perspective.
Sunchai.

Sunchai

It is my interesting to see what is the side effect when doing swing and tilt on the image plane.
Both images shooted with the same equipment.
phase one hybrid camera with the Has. CFv 80mm lens at f/4. And IQ 180

I am try to do the selective 2 points focusing . (at the IQ260 logo and sunshine on the smart flex)
so it need 10 degree of tilt and 2 degree of swing (for anti-sharp)

1. I have found that this 2 points of sharpness (the quality of sharpness) is not the same and I assume that the second point (sunshine) have less quality of sharp depending on it is far from the center of the lens (the most resolution is on the center of the image circle)

2. I have learned the camera movement from Sinar workshop and the rule of thumb ,
the normal perspective will be effect if applying the swing or tilt on the image plane and that also showed to the image.

3. I also noted the light losing on the swing and tilt image and note it is more darker at the bottle images.
I also like to testing with front tilt and swing but the phase one hybrid just not allow me as only shifting at front standard.
it may be test on Sinar systems but this consume time and the whole camera set up have to do.

I think it is important to be working as close to the center of lens.
And when swing or tilt is need it is less choice we need to apply it on the image plane.

I have upload this 2 images to the gallery just in case , it is more detail.

Sunchai.