The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Owners: What's your lens lineup ?

jduncan

I had the H4D40, the 28mm, 80mm, 120mmII and the 35-90mm (+HTS1.5). Now everything was stolen and I have now the H4D50, soon the H5D50, the 35-90mm and the 100mm. Now I ordered also the 24mm. I'm not sure in the tele range... maybe the 120mm again or the 150mm. I loved really the 80mm very much! Small, light and the Quality was perfect! To walk around, the 100mm is often to long, I prefered the 80mm... (Sorry for my english, Schwizerdütsch wär eifacher!;-)
rem
What are (is) the main reason(s) for you to move to the H5D50? Instead of buying the H4D-60?
It my understanding that the 60 has a image quality that is very remarkable in terms of dynamic range. When the H5D-60 goes to the market I will expect the H4D-60 to go down in price.

This is not a critique, I am trying to get inside from people that use the system.

Best regards,
James

mob81

I read this thread carefully, I'm building my hasselblad H system (around H1 film camera). My only lens is 80mm only, I'm thinking of adding the 35mm as a wide angle and 120mm for macro and portrait lens (later maybe 150mm or 210mm)....I really wish for the 35-90mm but from what I've understood, it's not compatible with H film cameras.

Any input of those will be helpful.

mob81

I know about that now!
As planned (35mm, 120mm) should be fine for my camera. The zoom I wished for won't work.

I read that the 35mm is good and the 120mm is great.

TimothyHyde

Subscriber Member
Interesting that nobody mentioned the HCD 24mm f/4.8. I've been thinking about swapping out my 28 f/4 for the wider one. Anyone have experience with it?

I have most of the lenses, but by far the 35-90 HCD zoom is the most used. I'll often find myself carting a half a dozen heavy lenses to some far-off location and realize it was the ONLY lens I took out of the bag. The 28 and 200 are the second and third most used.

mob81

How improved the 120mm II against the previous version? Prices for the first version used looks tempting!!! The 35mm I'll buy it in October (NEW :) )

MTF of the 120mm versions looks that the second version is a bit improved but not very much, any experience user on field differences?