Site Sponsors

Thread: Mamiya RZ67 PRO II and Hasselblad CFV-50 back

Post Thanks / Like

Mamiya RZ67 PRO II and Hasselblad CFV-50 back

These days the Haselblad CFV-50 is a really good deal.

I ordered one and will use it on my V system. However, I also have a Mamiya RZ67 PRO II and a PhaseOne V system adaptor plate for the Mamiya. My question: will I be able to use the CFV on the RB67 PRO II or RB67 PRO II D?

Any info will be most welcome.
    pbase.com/dorigatti

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Mamiya RZ67 PRO II and Hasselblad CFV-50 back

Quote Originally Posted by dorigatti View Post
    These days the Haselblad CFV-50 is a really good deal.

I ordered one and will use it on my V system. However, I also have a Mamiya RZ67 PRO II and a PhaseOne V system adaptor plate for the Mamiya. My question: will I be able to use the CFV on the RB67 PRO II or RB67 PRO II D?

Any info will be most welcome.

I can't think of any reason why you couldn't use it, although the embedded cable coming out of it would be useless to plug in - you'd need a separate sync cable from Hasselblad.

The downside would be that you can't rotate it (and you have that extra cable just hanging there). You're better off buying a Mamiya RZ Adapter Interface from Mamiya. That would be just the plate and allow for rotation.

Steve Hendrix
    Capture Integration
    Steve Hendrix, Sales Manager, www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
    Digital Cam: Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Sinar Authorized Reseller
    TechCam: Alpa | Cambo | Arca Swiss | Sinar Authorized Reseller

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Steve. I looked at the Mamiya sites but can find no trace of the adapter (Mamiya RZ Adapter Interface). Do you have more info for me?
    pbase.com/dorigatti

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I use the same adapter with a cfv39 back. It works well.

I took / cut the cable off the adapter plate.

One problem is the adapter plate will not rotate so no way to do a portrait orientation.

one big plus is you can get away without using a sync cable. Set digital back to x sync mode with a 4 second timeout. Attach a wake up cable to back. To take picture send wake up signal, then press shutter. After 4 seconds digital back will write the file.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by neil View Post
    one big plus is you can get away without using a sync cable. Set digital back to x sync mode with a 4 second timeout. Attach a wake up cable to back. To take picture send wake up signal, then press shutter. After 4 seconds digital back will write the file.
    Interesting. But does this mean that the back exposes every shot for 4 seconds? I know that light will only be reaching it for as long as the leaf shutter is actually open, but dark noise could be accumulating in the back for the full 4 seconds.

Ray

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ondebanks View Post
    Interesting. But does this mean that the back exposes every shot for 4 seconds? I know that light will only be reaching it for as long as the leaf shutter is actually open, but dark noise could be accumulating in the back for the full 4 seconds.

Ray
    Yes, the exposure will be 4 seconds and it will be as noisy as a 4 second exposure is, that's the drawback.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by torger View Post
    Yes, the exposure will be 4 seconds and it will be as noisy as a 4 second exposure is, that's the drawback.
    OK, I thought so, thanks for confirming.

What is the longest timeout that can be set in this X sync mode? I wonder if it could be used to trick the back into taking really long exposures...longer than the normal 32 or 64 second limit.

Ray