The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

H3DII and Sensor Cleaning

cyron123

Hi,
has sombody experience with cleaning the sensor of the Hasselbad H3DII 31Mpix? What kind of tools do you use? What kind of fluid?

Do you only use the Hasselblad service to clean the sensor?
Thank you.
cyron

weinlamm

For Phase One you get a Sensor cleaning Kit like this:
See on youtube.

But I didn't use it in the past; for me it was enough to clean with a blower. But if you really want to clean your back wet, it's much simpler to do this than to clean a dslr. ;)

fmueller

Hi,
has sombody experience with cleaning the sensor of the Hasselbad H3DII 31Mpix? What kind of tools do you use? What kind of fluid?

Do you only use the Hasselblad service to clean the sensor?
Thank you.
cyron
That would be a hassle. MF Sensors tend to get a little more time out in the open, so you need to know how to clean them yourself.

For Phase One you get a Sensor cleaning Kit like this:
See on youtube.

But I didn't use it in the past; for me it was enough to clean with a blower. But if you really want to clean your back wet, it's much simpler to do this than to clean a dslr. ;)
Blower is always the first step, a Rocket Blower is a good first step and maybe the only step that is needed most of the time.

I am the new owner of a Phase One back and just last night used their tools and methods to clean my sensor and was less than pleased with awkward tools and the results. I finally ended up using some Eclipse Sensor swabs with the phase one solution B after reading THIS After doing this under good lighting, a Solux desk lamp, it looked clean and a test shot into an expo disk verified my work. I also have one of the Pentax Sensor cleaning kits as demoed by the Leica assembly team here (at the 13:20-15:15 mark but have never had the guts or the need to use it! :eek:

Fred

stephengilbert

"Could i use an Phase One kit for the Hasselbald too?"

Almost certainly; you're cleaning glass.

CI sells wipes and cleaning solution here: https://captureintegration.com/product/sensor-solution/

Note that the Phase kit comes with two cleaning solutions, one that appears to be a detergent, and the other just alcohol. The detergent rarely needs to be used, and is a pain to fully remove. There are GetDPI threads that talk about this. See http://www.getdpi.com/forum/medium-...what-am-i-doing-wrong-my-sensor-cleaning.html

weinlamm

I think so, too.

And perhaps you can buy a bottle of Eclipse. I use this for every other camera. If I didn't had got the Phase One Kit, I would use this for my MF, too.
And perhaps you can ask at Microtools what they say.