The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mounting Mamiya RZ67 lenses on Hasselblad V

sergiofigliolia

Hi all,
first of all I am new here so thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Coming to my question: I would like to know whether it is possible to mount Mamiya RZ67 lenses on a Hasselblad V body.
The reason being I'd like to use a Hasselblad 500 with shift lenses.
I do own a Mamiya 645 with 50mm shift but I find the 6x6 format better and the Hasselblad bodies very good. The RZ67 body I find too big and the only reason why I'd want one would be to use it with the mamiya 75mm shift lens.

Is there such an adapter? Should I modify the lens mount?

Thanks for your help,

Sergio

Mammy645

There is no such adapter at the moment. The rz67 uses bellows focusing, hence there is no focusing ring on the lens. One of the members of this forum (Stefan Steib) is working on an adapter with a helicoid tube for focusing, but I'm not sure if they are planning on making it in the Hassy V mount.

ondebanks

There is no such adapter at the moment. The rz67 uses bellows focusing, hence there is no focusing ring on the lens. One of the members of this forum (Stefan Steib) is working on an adapter with a helicoid tube for focusing, but I'm not sure if they are planning on making it in the Hassy V mount.
The other problem of course is that the Hasselblads lack the means to cock and trigger the RZ67 lens' leaf shutter. So you would be restricted to using a 200 or 2000 series V body with the focal plane shutter. You could not use a Hasselblad 500 series body.

Ray

Jeremy

Hasselblad made the HTS 1.5 adapter for shifts and tilts for their V series cameras.
For their H series cameras -- I wish they'd made one for the V series!

Hasselblad Starts Shipping the HTS 1.5 Tilt-and-Shift Adapter

If you wanted to hack something together, using the RZ SB lenses with their tilt-shift would probably be where I would start. If you're willing to invest some $$ you could talk with http://www.skgrimes.com/ about an adapter. I imagine they could cut up a donor RZ and do some pretty fancy machining.