Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Mac Pro: What it means for Phase, Leaf

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: New Mac Pro: What it means for Phase, Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by bensonga View Post
    Tried to convince my wife to let me set it up in our family room, replacing the WinPC she uses...but she's never been a Mac fan.
    Now I see... this home has 3 Macs but no wife. Does that mean that the two are incompatible? That I have to get rid of a Mac to find a wife?

Post Thanks / Like

This is from: Intel Xeon E5 Chip – What You Need to Know - Canadian Web Hosting Blog and News

"Anytime Intel releases a new server chip, it usually is a time for celebration. What this means for server customers is more power for their servers and new technology integration that creates additional avenues for improved performance and design. Earlier this week, Intel officially launched their latest Xeon E5 CPU platform, which delivers an estimated 80-percent performance gain over the previous generation of Intel's server chips. With this platform, server customers have seen more than a 100x’s improvement in raw performance and processing power over the last 10 years."

"The new E5 Xeons each processor now has a maximum of 40 PCIe 3.0 lanes, with each lane running at a top level of eight gigatransfers per second — roughly equivalent to 6.4Gbps. The amount of power consumed by the chips has grown slightly, with thermal design power (TDP) for the E5 family ranging from 60W to 150W. A new feature targeted at high-performance computing and supercomputing, named, Advanced Vector Extensions, which essentially doubles the floating-point performance of all the processors. This is significant especially for customers with compute intensive applications like medical imaging, heavy database read/writes and customers working with heavy visuals."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Now I see... this home has 3 Macs but no wife. Does that mean that the two are incompatible? That I have to get rid of a Mac to find a wife?
    No, but it does mean that you have the all clear to buy the new IQ260/280 and the Achromatic B&W version too.

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by kdphotography View Post
    No, but it does mean that you have the all clear to buy the new IQ260/280 and the Achromatic B&W version too.

At least someone understands my logic.
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Here you can see the first facelift for the new MAC PRO .

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net.../780271059.jpg
    Regards . Jürgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------