Site Sponsors
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Hasselblad Lunar

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Hasselblad Lunar

What is the most striking with the Lunar photo is that the camera must either be glued to the background or photoshopped in. No camera, except maybe a weightless Lunar, would be able to balance the way this camera does partly outside the bag that it's supposed to be resting on.

Post Thanks / Like

Well for those who want to experience the looney live, here is your chance:

Foto-Video Sauter - Details

From the blurb, a chance to test a new luxury consumer camera.

PS Thanks to Jürgen for passing on the invitation - so hard to resist

Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious to know if you guys are annoyed at the way Leica re-badge Panasonic cameras?

Leica slaps D-Lux 5 badge on Panasonic LX5, hitches up the price (update)

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'm not saying that Leica is worth 1.5x for the fancy box and extra warranty etc but it's a LOOONNNGGG way short of 7x.
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

... and on the LeicaSonic, you get a lens that is supposedly designed or co-designed by Leica. The Lunar comes with a cheap Sony lens with "Hasselblad" painted onto it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Nick-T View Post
    I'm curious to know if you guys are annoyed at the way Leica re-badge Panasonic cameras?

Leica slaps D-Lux 5 badge on Panasonic LX5, hitches up the price (update)
    Nick,

As a former rabid supporter of Hasselblad, I can say that had Hasselblad offered a rebadged Sony camera at even 2 times the Sony price, I don't think I'd have a problem. As a medium format manufacturer, one would, at a minimum, expect at least full frame 35 mm format. And EVERYONE wants Hasselblad to increase their revenue stream to support their H line of cameras. Even Phase customers want Hasselblad to succeed so that they do not have a monopoly in the MFD market. And, Zeiss may have been interested in supporting the new camera with a line of lenses. They did for the V line.

Oh well, woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Greg
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a fan of the Lunar but then again I'm not the target consumer for it.

If Hasselblad can sell these at whatever price (and my information is that they are selling) then who cares?

A successful Hasselblad means more options for H users which means more pros using the cameras which means more rich people want to own the camera that the pros use which means more options for H users etc..

Nick-T

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BANKER1 View Post
    The backs are of Imacon heritage
    The H system backs have very little to do with Imacon technology apart from what was learned around pulling data off Kodak chips.

the camera is Fuji,
    Sorry but this is not true. The camera is made in Sweden.

and the lenses are Hasselblad design but are made by Fuji.
    You got this one right! (Except the shutters are made in Denmark). And oh let's not forget that V system lenses were made in Germany, I don't remember anyone complaining about that...

Post Thanks / Like

If anyone here is truly concerned and cares about Hasselblad succeeding in the MFD market, put your money up and go out and buy some H cameras and lenses rather than obsessing about a camera that is irrelevant to you. Who cares if is it overpriced by a factor of 10? I hope they sell 10,000 of them and make a fortune.
    hcubell
    www.howardcubell.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by hcubell View Post
    If anyone here is truly concerned and cares about Hasselblad succeeding in the MFD market, put your money up and go out and buy some H cameras and lenses rather than obsessing about a camera that is irrelevant to you. Who cares if is it overpriced by a factor of 10? I hope they sell 10,000 of them and make a fortune.
    Do you really think the profit from the Lunar will go into development of their medium format cameras? The owner of Hasselblad is a Swiss/German equity group. They are in this for the money, period. If they thought MF was the way to maximise the return of their investment, that is the horse they would have saddled already. They have shown very clearly that brand engineering is the game they are playing, simply because that's where they believe the largest profit potential is hidden.

As for the H-series being Hasselblad or Fuji, I would be surprised if it wasn't a Fuji camera from the outset. The design corresponds very well with Fuji MF cameras from the nineties. Maybe Fuji simply found that they could make more money from selling the design to Hasselblad than marketing the GX645 themselves?

Where it's manufactured now is of little interest. Most Nikon cameras are manufactured in Thailand and China, but they are still 100% Nikon products.
    Things I sell: https://www.shutterstock.com/g/epixx?language=en

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post

As for the H-series being Hasselblad or Fuji, I would be surprised if it wasn't a Fuji camera from the outset.
    Well it's not. So be surprised, the Gx645 was produced under license from Hasselblad and allowed to be sold in Japan only.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Nick-T View Post
    Well it's not. So be surprised, the Gx645 was produced under license from Hasselblad and allowed to be sold in Japan only.
    That would be the case if Fuji developed the camera and sold it to Hasselblad also. The licensing could even be part of the payment for the design. I find it very unlikely that a camera like this, given the rather low production volume, was manufactured at two different factories simultaneously.

I've never seen a claim from Hasselblad that they actually developed the H-system themselves, only that they are manufacturing it. And if manufacturing has the same meaning as with many other "European Luxury Products", it doesn't account for much. Lots of products have only minor assembly plus QC done at the "mothership". Even Leicas are made in relatively low cost Portugal.

Edit: The H1 was developed together with Fujifilm. The development costs, SEK 320 mill. were shared equally between the two partners. The aluminium parts for the camera were manufactured by Tryckta i Markaryd AB, a Swedish company, so one has to assume that the cameras were/are assembled in Sweden. Interestingly, Hasselblad was at that time (from 1996) under Dutch/British ownership before Shriro took over in January 2003. Hasselblad have been under 5 different ownership constelations since Victor Hasselblad sold it in 1976, all of them except Shriro investment companies.
    Last edited by Jorgen Udvang; 11th July 2013 at 22:45.

Post Thanks / Like

Elvis is alive and well!
    There is a monster in Loch Ness!
    Hitler is also alive and lives on the moon!
    The moon landings were a hoax!
    The USA have an alien spaceship at Area 51!
    The Hasselblad H is made by Fuji!

Pick the odd one out.
    Classic V, support for Hasselblad V system cameras.
    www.classicv.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

The answer of course is 'The Hasselblad H is made by Fuji' and the reason is for the cost of travelling to Gothenburg, Sweden and with permission you could see the assembly line.

Alternatively there is no odd one out. You are either 100% rational and believe none or 100% bonkers and believe them all.

It is OK to be a little bonkers of course but you might find people don't take what you say seriously.
    Classic V, support for Hasselblad V system cameras.
    www.classicv.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Fairbank View Post
    The answer of course is 'The Hasselblad H is made by Fuji' and the reason is for the cost of travelling to Gothenburg, Sweden and with permission you could see the assembly line.

Alternatively there is no odd one out. You are either 100% rational and believe none or 100% bonkers and believe them all.

It is OK to be a little bonkers of course but you might find people don't take what you say seriously.
    If you read my edit, you would see that I've corrected myself several hours ago. I must admit though, that having lived in Asia for more than a decade, I've lost many illusions when it comes to country of origin. With the rather creative claims in the Lunar marketing material, I don't take anything for granted. I've been to enough factories here in Asia producing "genuine" European and American products, with "Made in Italy by xxx" sewn in and price tag in euro attached. And I do not talk about pirated copies, but the real thing. I do wonder where the GX645 was manufactured though. Has anybody actually seen that production line in Göteborg? Just curious

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Fairbank View Post
    Elvis is alive and well!
    There is a monster in Loch Ness!
    Hitler is also alive and lives on the moon!
    The moon landings were a hoax!
    The USA have an alien spaceship at Area 51!
    The Hasselblad H is made by Fuji!

Pick the odd one out.
    #5 is obviously bogus because we all know Area 51 doesn't exist!

Btw, I LOVE my Fuji TX2 that masquerades as a Hasselblad xpan II (actually, I really do love my xpan II)
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamWelland View Post
    Btw, I LOVE my Fuji TX2 that masquerades as a Hasselblad xpan II (actually, I really do love my xpan II)
    That one was created by martians for sure

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

So . . . who is the brave man who's going to start the
    Fun with a Hassleblad Lunacy

Thread?
    Having supported the X-Vario I claim immunity here.

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

We can do better than that. There's even a video available:

Blade Cleaning - No hassle Part1 - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    We can do better than that. There's even a video available:

Blade Cleaning - No hassle Part1 - YouTube
    If you just buy one already, you could move on with life.
    hcubell
    www.howardcubell.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I think this is the real LUNAR

Hasselblad 500EL Electic Camera Nasa Lunar Apollo Mission 80mm 250mm Rare | eBay

Hasselblad 500EL ELECTIC CAMERA NASA Lunar Apollo Mission +80mm +250mm Rare

...This is an original Apollo Lunar Mission outfit camera made by Hasselblad for NASA in 1969...This specific example was given to the then President of Hasselblad who then gifted it to the Head Canadian Distributor who held onto to it in his private collection for many years until now...This is an incredibly rare find especially complete with the all its extras. A few of these have been auctioned off, some in Europe for up to and over $100,000 but never has one been complete and in this condition...Starting bid:US $74,950.00...Shipping: US $1,395.00

Post Thanks / Like

Off topic but in 2009 I was lucky enough to handle one of the moon cameras and shoot with it using a CFV back.
    Quite fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    I think this is the real LUNAR

Hasselblad 500EL Electic Camera Nasa Lunar Apollo Mission 80mm 250mm Rare | eBay

Hasselblad 500EL ELECTIC CAMERA NASA Lunar Apollo Mission +80mm +250mm Rare

...This is an original Apollo Lunar Mission outfit camera made by Hasselblad for NASA in 1969...This specific example was given to the then President of Hasselblad who then gifted it to the Head Canadian Distributor who held onto to it in his private collection for many years until now...This is an incredibly rare find especially complete with the all its extras. A few of these have been auctioned off, some in Europe for up to and over $100,000 but never has one been complete and in this condition...Starting bid:US $74,950.00...Shipping: US $1,395.00
    Nah... $75K and no viewfinder? Even my mother's Brownie had a viewfinder. And "Electic"? This is the final proof. Even in 1969 they couldn't make proper cameras. They probably sent Mary Goodnight as a sales rep to secure the NASA delivery