The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Still waiting..

smhoer

Well I made the switch to MFD 11/24 by purchasing an P45 H mount for a back swap (under value added) to a Mamiya. Also purchased a complete Mamiya system (AFDII and 4 lenses). Was hoping to spend my xmas downtime relearning DOF and other issues with MF lenses. Unfortunately Phase is still trying to find me a Mamiya mount p45 to do the swap. Just venting my frustration with Phase One. Capture Integration has been great in pushing them for me but Phase One to me has completely dropped the ball as its almost been 5 weeks with no firm date in sight. Needless to say I will never purchase a value added warranty for a Phase One item as it has not added any value. In hind sight I should have stuck with my Canons until a Mamiya mount back came on the market but thought the swap would be a quick thing.

Jim Collum's package AFD/Aptus 75s package for sale would have been just the ticket

Last edited:

schweikert

First off, I can understand the frustration when you think enough time has passed to receive an item, but I will say, I've read enough comments online the last few months, some from Capture Integration, that the deals on P45 backs to move the remaining ones out has been so popular with Mamiya being the hardest to come by. I chalk it up to bad timing and Phase not being realistic in their delivery expectations.

They don't actually change the mount, they provide a 'new' back with the desired mount.

smhoer

Yes, I knew they don't change the mounts. I was surprised when I inquired on swap eligibility and my dealer contacted Phase One who confirmed based on the serial number and was told it would be a week or two. When the deal was done Phase then said they didn't have anything and couldn't say when they would. If they would have been up front about that I would not have gone that route. I had to cancel a Dec 27 two week trip to the Southwest. Based on that I sold much of my Canon gear. Capture Integration has been helpful and apologetic on what is going on. I am not sure I like this idea of having to work through a dealer (when I did not buy from them) for any contact with Phase. It is not fair to the dealer either when they get no $$ from the transaction.

I am sure I will be happy with the quality of the images when it does come. I have just been soured on Phase One's ability to deliver on the value of any value added warranty. I came close to ordering an refurb Aptus 75s for a little less than the P45. I know it was in stock. If this goes much longer I will consider going that route and selling the P45H.