The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad 28mm F4 HCD in Leica S2 ? Anyone ?

proenca

Hi there,

I have the option to buy a mint Hasselblad 28mm HCD f4 from a friend who is leaving MF.

I have a Leica S2 and since Leica makes the adapter that allows H lenses to fully work on Leica S cameras, anyone has tried this combo ?

The price for that 28mm in mint condition is super mega duper attractive ( 1800 euros.... ) and even with the Leica S-H adapter, the whole package price is tempting and allows me to use further H lens ( 100 2.2 hello there... ) on my Leica

Pictures ? Please remember that...

:worthless:

rsmphoto

Yes, I own a 28 HCD and use it on my S2 with no problem with the H->S adapter. It works perfectly. Profiles for H lenses on the S2 are in Lightroom. I also use it with the HTS on the S2. No corrections for the HTS in Lightroom, but I haven't found that to be an issue.

Richard

Stuart Richardson

My experience with the V lenses on the S2 has led me to believe that it is not really worth mucking around with the adapters unless you already have the lenses. While my experience is with the V lenses, it is with the FE lenses, and some of the best lenses Hasselblad made for the V system (50mm FE, 80mm CFE, 110/2 FE, 180mm sonnar, 250mm superachromat etc)

I am sure the H lenses are better to use on the S, but I would say you are better off just buying the original. You say a used 28mm is 1800 euros. The adapter is 1500 euros (at least retail). That's already 3300 euros right there. A new 30mm is listed at 5500 from what I can see, and it could be substantially less, depending on your VAT deal (if you run a photo business, for example). If you buy the Leica lens you get the warranty, weather-sealing, better performance and so on. I have found that the S system is not really the system to skimp on. The lenses really are the point. If it is 5500 new, you might be able to find a used version for not much more than what you would expect to pay for the H series and the adapter.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
I've had full set of HC/HCD, including the 28mm lenses and they work very fine with the S2/adapter. I've just got the S2 so I haven't had time to compare the HCD/HC with the S lenses.
However, I agree with Stuart, if I were you and have not already had the HC/HCD lenses, you better buy the Leica S lenses as they are the best lenses I've ever used on MFD.