Site Sponsors

Thread: IQ 160 w/ HV 500CM

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

IQ 160 w/ HV 500CM

Going backwards here a bit, can someone tell me if the IQ 160 (with V mount) will work with an older 500CM? Also, the IQ manual says not to mount the back with mirror lockup engaged. Does that mean you can't use MLU once the back is on?
    Thanks for your help; couldn't find a relavent thread regarding teh older Hassys and MLU.
    Best,
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: IQ 160 w/ HV 500CM

Quote Originally Posted by rga View Post
    Going backwards here a bit, can someone tell me if the IQ 160 (with V mount) will work with an older 500CM? Also, the IQ manual says not to mount the back with mirror lockup engaged. Does that mean you can't use MLU once the back is on?
    As far as I know, the 500CM is the same as the 500CW, except for "off-the-film" metering, electric winder option and altered mirror geometry to eliminate vignetting in the viewfinder with long lenses. I use the IQ-160 on the CW with no problem. I can't speak about mounting the back with the mirror locked up, but I almost always lock the mirror up when shooting with the CW and IQ-160.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: IQ 160 w/ HV 500CM

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by schuster View Post
    As far as I know, the 500CM is the same as the 500CW, except for "off-the-film" metering, electric winder option and altered mirror geometry to eliminate vignetting in the viewfinder with long lenses. I use the IQ-160 on the CW with no problem. I can't speak about mounting the back with the mirror locked up, but I almost always lock the mirror up when shooting with the CW and IQ-160.