The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tex

Subscriber Member
Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

Bob, IMHO this image says "PRO" - lighting, makeup, color, etc, etc.

(PS: Do folks that buy images have a problem without beautiful women wearing bright red fingernail polish in an image like this?)

make
Although not a landscape, I hope that this does not cause too much controversy. It was shot for her portfolio

-bob

Don Libby

Last day at the South Rim - here some images that were taken this morning. All shot with the WRS1000, P45+ and either the 24mm, 72mm or 120mm lens.

Running out the door for another sunset.

Don

It was a beautiful day in the midwest! I decided to postpone cleaning my basement and walked out my front door with the P65+, 645 and a 45mm lens to continue a long neglected series that I used to shoot with a 'Blad and Efke 25. It's my first time seeing what kind of black and whites I can get out of the digi-back. Not bad... not bad at all

D

ddk

Although not a landscape, I hope that this does not cause too much controversy. It was shot for her portfolio

-bob
Is this the same juicy and plump dancer that you posted some shot of before Bob?

D

ddk

Eleanor,

From your pov is the model in Graham's photo only a blow up doll? Or is Bob's model any less beautiful than your friend?

"Campaign for real beauty? Can you define that please?

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

It was a beautiful day in the midwest! I decided to postpone cleaning my basement and walked out my front door with the P65+, 645 and a 45mm lens to continue a long neglected series that I used to shoot with a 'Blad and Efke 25. It's my first time seeing what kind of black and whites I can get out of the digi-back. Not bad... not bad at all
Those are very nice. Pretty tasty for what looks to be some very hot sunlight. The camera seems to handle it with ease.

etrump

Perfect shadows, nice B&W conversions, especially the first image.

etrump

These are from the South Rim, in and around Navajo Point. All taken with the WRS, P45+ and 120mm lens.
Don, I love the one on the right. The light is incredible and I like the tight composition. Would love to see that as the right side of a 2 shot pano. How much side to side shift do you have with the 120mm?

Ed

etrump

Eleanor,

From your pov is the model in Graham's photo only a blow up doll? Or is Bob's model any less beautiful than your friend?

Would be nice to see this line of discussion move to it's own thread. Not that I mind the discussion but this thread was a friendly view and critique and this side thread is way off topic.

Dale Allyn

Would be nice to see this line of discussion move to it's own thread. Not that I mind the discussion but this thread was a friendly view and critique and this side thread is way off topic.
I agree. It seems appropriate for the Sunset Bar if it's of interest to people.

eleanorbrown

Nice range of tonalities Chris in these shots. Have you per chance made use of the option to view your shots you intend for black and white as b&w images on your 65+ LCD screen? Sometimes doing this helps me "see" the b&w composition more clearly. Nice to have this option tho I only use it occasionally so far. Eleanor

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

-- snip --
Please folks, lets move this discussion.
I have a pretty good idea of what the issue is. I will be starting a new thread in the sunset bar on this issue. I hope that there folks can debate it without detracting from the "fun" intent of this thread.

The new thread is located at http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?p=121897
thanks
-bob

Last edited:

Don Libby

Don, I love the one on the right. The light is incredible and I like the tight composition. Would love to see that as the right side of a 2 shot pano. How much side to side shift do you have with the 120mm?

Ed
Hi Ed - I actually used 20mm shifts and didn't (or couldn't) see any problems on my laptop. I'll be checking all the images shortly on the studio computer.

Don

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Don,
That 120 seems to have a great image circle, I really torn between that and the 47 as my next new toy.
-bob

Don Libby

Don,
That 120 seems to have a great image circle, I really torn between that and the 47 as my next new toy.
-bob
Bob,

That would depend on where you shoot. I was shooting with all my lens on this trip from the 24mm to the 120mm. The 120mm brought the detail in better and at the same time has a large amount of movements. Sometimes the subject matter is several miles away (Cedar Mountain) and the 120 just brought in what I wanted.

That said, I have a 35 and 72; if I didn't have the 35 then I might think about the 47 before the 120 hope this makes sense as I've only had one cup of coffee...

Don

Additional thoughts:

The 72 is a great lens as well. I just that lens to take the self shot of me at the Watchtower. Great movements on this lens.

Come out here and we'll shoot the Grand Canyon and Monument Valley both very interesting and different shooting areas.

I'm also thinking of Page AZ and slot canyons early next year and using the 24 and 35 - should be fun...

Last edited:

jlm

Workshop Member

from this morning, new paint job in process and some misc around the Navy Yard

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.