The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrump

Looks slightly back-focused Woody. Ears, neck and shirt look sharp. Was that to soften his face?

JimCollum

some of the last ones in the Feb portrait series

The final shot in the Feb series of portraits ... (a self)

some santa cruz shots from the pic-of-the-day series, March's entries

Ed, the central Florida photo makes you feel like your are there. Do you know what causes the magenta cast in some areas of the sky (e.g, odd light refraction off the clouds)? I recall some of my photos from Hawaii had a similar effect, but I don't recall seeing slight magenta areas when taking the photos.

Just a fun shot from today. Basic processing, but added a little vignette to enhance the natural vignette created by the vines. Also, falling snow caused some small white spots.

Graham, the cigar smoke looks very natural and doesn't look like it was added in post. Very good execution in the entire photo.

The Salton Sea and Anza Borrego photos are looking great Guy and Woody - beautiful colors and landscapes.

Too bad your finished with the Feb portrait series Jim. I really enjoy looking into each portrait and wonder about the personalities of the subjects.

P. Chong

Hasselblad H3dii-39, HC80/2.8: experiments with one single light source: ProFoto Compact 1200 light.

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Couple from Joshua Tree all P40+ files

This one was with a manual 200 2.8 Apo with 2x extender of Jacks. Pretty nice long focal length

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Woody, spectacular captures overall, and I really like the composition you put together with the wheel! :thumbs:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Great shots Guy... looking forward to more.
Thanks David most likely wait to get back to my 30 inch monitor. Hard doing these on a 15in laptop. Not sure I am on target exactly. But we all did really well yesterday up in Joshua Tree and today is set aside for processing and review. More to come

etrump

Ed, the central Florida photo makes you feel like your are there. Do you know what causes the magenta cast in some areas of the sky (e.g, odd light refraction off the clouds)? I recall some of my photos from Hawaii had a similar effect, but I don't recall seeing slight magenta areas when taking the photos.
Thank you Mark, that realism is my goal and I am continually learning.

On the bit of magenta; this was taken immediately at sunrise, I could see quite a bit red in the sky slightly a few moments before sunrise. I took LCC exposures but since the magenta color is in the middle of the lens I doubt that it was lens color cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.