The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are so many good photos on this last page alone its amazing. Jack and Woody, the Salton Sea is like a place I have never seen - such a contradiction between the beautiful sunrises/sunsets and abandoned/dilapidated buildings - and your photos capture it well. William, I really like the b&w of the guy with the cigarette. I recognize the photo from some other place I have seen it posted (it made an impression on me then). Ron, the food shot is, well, delicious. Congratulations on the new P40+ Harry, you have already put it to good use. Stephane, the cat looks quite comfortable and accustomed to being a model for you.

T

tetsrfun

Just got my new camera Saturday. Here's a couple I tried today with the P40+ and sensor plus handheld 800iso
I assume "the" Kenny Roberts and AMA # 1...seems like yesterday... a sure sign of advancing age.

I appreciate the "workshop" participants sharing their work...I have driven by that area a few times and took some "snap shots"...but now I am motivated to spend some time in that area.

Steve

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
There are so many good photos on this last page alone its amazing. Jack and Woody, the Salton Sea is like a place I have never seen - such a contradiction between the beautiful sunrises/sunsets and abandoned/dilapidated buildings - and your photos capture it well.
Thanks Mark! It is indeed a unique place and rich with photographic opportunity, at least for the near-term future ----- what is amazing is the rate at which things "dissolve". To wit, I was there three years ago and photographed this old utility truck. But this past week all that was in that spot was a pile of rust staining the ground and the remnants of one or two of the wooden pallets:

yangt26224

@yangt26224
Very nice images of Death Valley.
Could you tell us a bit about the lenses, you used?
GEO
Thanks!!

I had 55, 75AL, 90 and 200 with me on this trip. End up used 55 and 200 most the time, some with the 75mm AL and did not use the 90mm at all.

Thomas

yangt26224

Hello Yang,

really nice shots! I especially like the B&W Velvia shots ;)
Thanks for the kind words!!

I found Velvia converted B&W has its unique look. When it works, it is very different than the tradition or digital converted B&W. I also found it typically works better with the shots that used polarizer.

Cheers!

Thomas

etrump

Got sick of working this afternoon so I processed a few raw images just for fun. I'm sure everyone else is like me and has several hundred untouched raw files waiting for their few minutes of photoshop fame.

This image was captured just as fall was approaching last year.

Technical Details: Cambo RS, 24mm, P65+ DB, f/11, 4 sec, polarizer.

You can view a much larger version on my blog

Another taken at the end of the trail with a little more dramatic light:

emmawest72

Amazing amount of quality work here.

Here is one with probably one of cheapest MF cameras on the market: Lubitel 166. It's quirky to use and the viewfinder is quite bad but is just has its own charms...
I must have paid around USD 15.00 when I bought in 1995 but it still works without any problems. Optical quality is what it is :)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
William -- that is absolutely gorgeous! For a while now I have considered buying a Lubitel or Holga to scavenge the lens out of it and try and figure out how to mount it up to Phase... This image just reinforces that thought!

emmawest72

Thanks a lot Jack. This little cam can really produce some magic stuff unless you are looking for pure resolution.

I'm sure there must be some way to stick a holga lens on a phasebody. I would love to give it a try for some street panorama ( stitched ) as well as portraits. I just miss the phase:). Otherwise you could maybe get a drilled lenscap and try to some pinhole.

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.