The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

baxter

Three more images from my time in Cornwall this summer. These are all from one sunrise shoot at Marazion (across the bay from my previous post) and show how the mood changed from the soft twilight with high level cloud, making way for the pink low level cloud through to the full direct sunlight on the vertical granite faces making them glow.

The standard way to shoot this location is to use the S-shaped cobblestone causeway leading to the Mount as a lead-in.

On arrival at the car park, I detected the faintest wisps of high level cloud and decided that the wind direction dictated that I head to the west side of Marazion beach and find a viewpoint there. Whilst lacking the elegance of Torville and Dean, several double toe-loops etc later I found a big friendly rock upon which I could place my tripod offering me a different perspective on the view to St Michael's Mount...

I notice that the colours of the thumbnails seem to intensify when posting to this forum, the main images are fine.

xpixel nice shot! lovely colours.

Thanks Jack, yeah Im loving the natural colours im getting in the skies with this camera.

Tareq - I love this lens! im sure you wont be dissapointed with it.

cheers
Will.

KeithL

For the kinds of things that I like to shoot (on the move and handheld) Hassy's True Focus capability is awesome. I'm always focusing and recomposing.

For instance, I drove down the road a couple of miles and found a farm where a farmer had a few geese penned up. I walked up real close to the pen with the 35-90 and focused on the eye of the goose with True Focus. I panned up as the goose lunged at me and thought that I'd missed the shot. When I downloaded the image, I was surprised to see that I hadn't missed the shot.

Kurt
Hasselblad True Focus seems to have made quite an impact, very impressive. Every time I read about it I think of photographers such as Guy and Marc, catwalk, corporate and wedding, could have been made for them.

etrigan63

Hasselblad True Focus seems to have made quite an impact, very impressive. Every time I read about it I think of photographers such as Guy and Marc, catwalk, corporate and wedding, could have been made for them.
True Focus & HTS has me drawn to Hasselblad, but I also like the flexibility of Phamiya's ability to use leaf and focal plane shutters.

I wonder what Hassy has up their sleeves for Photokina? They are holding a press conference on 9/22. Rumor has it a new camera body/digital back is in the works.

Paratom

I have to tell my impression: so far many S2 shots show impressive detail and clarity but also look somewhat clinical.

ceh

M645AFD III.,L.A65s,Carl Zeiss Superachromat 5,6/250CF and crop...

Last edited:

Audii-Dudii

Okay, now that I've finally joined the club with a Contax / P30+ combo, here's one of mine from Sunday night's testing session in the downtown Phoenix historic warehouse district:

Taken with the 45mm/f2.8 lens at f5.6 and a 10-12 second exposure at ISO 100.

Nice compostion Audi enjoy your new camera.

Been out shooting a lot lately here's a shot from yesterday evening near the same area my last photo was taken 140kms from home :)

Status
Not open for further replies.