The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

SergeiR

Whole lot of really really cool shots.

Its interesting how many people think that one of main reasons to switch to MF is to have more DOF control, but right here - plenty of shots with fairly narrow f-stops, to get in more details and yet - there is so much 3D-ness that its just blows mind straight out.

mAlKhamis

Couple from Mono Lake

This one shot with P40+ and 28mm for 4 seconds Iso 50

Here is a interesting one for 30 seconds and also shot a few for a minute with no noise issues. 80mm LS

Yes both Jack and I shot similar shots and we are both banding a little. We tend to lean towards the blue being out of gamut on this specific color. We will try when both get home on our big wide gamut monitors
Couple more here . Reprocessed some of these. My laptop was not correct on the road.

Woow !!!! Guy :thumbs: amazing perfect exposures !!!! well done !!!
May i ask you about the optimal aperture for the 28D, i'm have diffraction issue at F/16 , is that really typical ? thank you so much for sharing !!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
28mm Lens will diffract slightly at F16 . F13 is better but sometimes it comes down to a coin toss DOF or not. The one above is f18.

I'm not seeing it in print so that is where it really counts

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Mohammad!

We had an awesome trip and hope you can make the next one! I'm actually tired of looking at my files and need to take a few days away from them so I can come back with a fresh eye for them.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
in order to avoid un-necessary duplication of images, i vote the "Quote +" button be discontinued.

after all, how many times do we want to see Guy's work reproduced on the same page? ;)
Quote *+* is for quoting multiple posts from above yours, and as such has no impact on images being quoted. Regular and + Quote will copy image links if they're embedded in the body of the post. They will NOT copy attachments. So, if you don't want to to see the images repeated, you need to convince everybody to remove the image links when they quote ;)

Cheers,

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Jack, Guy, those are rally great (and motivating!) shots. I love the aspens in particular.

Gotta do a trip with you one of these days - so far your workshops have been at bad times for me but hope springs eternal!

Best to you both,
Bill

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I have to process my Aspen shots. I might have a few good ones coming.

Bill and others just want to say if Jack and I get folks out there to shoot more and enjoy photography more than we certainly succeeded on the impact of this forum on what this place is really about. There is nothing better in my life than to see others get out and have fun with this craft that has occupied almost my whole life.

SergeiR

finally got around to finish series shot in August..:)

King Henry figures what to do with the turbulent wife..

Aptus 54s + AFDIII + 55mm L-S Sekkor + Quadra

Spiking the drink..

Last edited:

mAlKhamis

28mm Lens will diffract slightly at F16 . F13 is better but sometimes it comes down to a coin toss DOF or not. The one above is f18.

I'm not seeing it in print so that is where it really counts
thank you so much Guy, i really appreciate the tip :thumbs: cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.